12:05 (CSN, TBS) Sox @ Yanks

Real

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Two batting averages over .239 in the lineup today...and we can no longer say it's April.

I think they only have 2 pitchers who have pitched at least 10 innings with an ERA below 4.50. One Sox starting pitcher now has an ERA below 5.30.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 2, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
How much longer until the Kotsay, Vizquel, and Pierre experiments are considered busts? Let's see some young 'uns from the minors.

Which youngsters? You want to see Lillibridge back up here?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
Which youngsters? You want to see Lillibridge back up here?

*vomits explosively* No, but I would assume there are a few we'd like to see. I know, honestly, that bringing guys up now is not the right thing, especially if doing so hurts their development. But, at least there would be more worth watching.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 2, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
*vomits explosively* No, but I would assume there are a few we'd like to see. I know, honestly, that bringing guys up now is not the right thing, especially if doing so hurts their development. But, at least there would be more worth watching.

Not really in our system. Unless you want to see Danks 2 strike out once every 3 at bats, there's nothing that can be done. Right now, it's just the perfect storm of everything that can go wrong is.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 2, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
Well, the idea of acquiring Fielder or Gonzalez is fading for sure. If anything, we'll be trading away "talent".

Good, those trade ideas were never realistic anyways IMO.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
Not really in our system. Unless you want to see Danks 2 strike out once every 3 at bats, there's nothing that can be done. Right now, it's just the perfect storm of everything that can go wrong is.

Thanks for making me even sadder.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 2, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
Well, the idea of acquiring Fielder or Gonzalez is fading for sure. If anything, we'll be trading away "talent".

We need to see how this 7 game homestand goes before calling this season lost. We act as if we're 5-20...We're not completely buried...yet.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 2, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
We need to see how this 7 game homestand goes before calling this season lost. We act as if we're 5-20...We're not completely buried...yet.

The depressing thing is, we should be 5-20.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 2, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)

There's no point. If Jones is good you can move him and PK if he stays good, but that's really it. Rios and Peavy aren't going anywhere with those contracts. CQ can't stay healthy. Everyone else is old and bad. So there's no point in moving Beckham or Danks. We are stuck trying to piecemeal this team together year after year and hope for the best.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 2, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
There's no point. If Jones is good you can move him and PK if he stays good, but that's really it. Rios and Peavy aren't going anywhere with those contracts. CQ can't stay healthy. Everyone else is old and bad. So there's no point in moving Beckham or Danks. We are stuck trying to piecemeal this team together year after year and hope for the best.

I would think that if Peavy starts to turn it around then some national league team might come calling. Is it really any different if he were pitching well for San Diego?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 2, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
I would think that if Peavy starts to turn it around then some national league team might come calling. Is it really any different if he were pitching well for San Diego?

Haha, no chance. Not with his contract.