Blue Jays @ Sox, 5/6 Game THREAD

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
He doesn't even make productive outs.

He has been walking lately...but I've never seen a major leaguer I've had less confidence in when he's at the plate. He can't hit right now. Even his foul balls look like crap. He can't square up anything.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Get Orlando Hudson. Get Matsui or Johnny Damon, Keep Pods instead of Pierre. Jim Thome. Those moves alone would make us a significantly better offense. Even better if you believe that hte other hitters would be better with good hitters around. And all of those moves were easily doable. EASILY.

Pierre & Teahen do suck, but do those moves really keep Alexei/AJ/Beckham/TCQ from hitting under .220??? I doubt it, well, maybe they hit .240 or so. Either way, these main guys we are depending on are going through prolonged slumps of over a month, which keeps us from being any kind of offense. Our 3-4-5 guys are hitting, so its not like Hudson/Matsui/Thome would help these guys hit.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Well at least Guillen had a nice laugh. Fun times in the post game presser.

Thank goodness he keeps all of the pressure off the players. See how wonderfully they respond with all the pressure focused on him.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Get Orlando Hudson. Get Matsui or Johnny Damon, Keep Pods instead of Pierre. Jim Thome. Those moves alone would make us a significantly better offense. Even better if you believe that hte other hitters would be better with good hitters around. And all of those moves were easily doable. EASILY.

Matsui basically has the same numbers as Q.

Pods and Thome I will give you, I was advocating for their return myself. However, at least half of fans seemed to want them gone.

Damon has played well this year, but at $8 million he's not earning his paycheck.

Pierre will likely end up with very similar numbers to Pods anyways, so I am not going to lose sleep over that one.

In my mind, Kenny's biggest mistake was trusting Ozzie with letting Thome walk.

I know the offense has been piss poor, but this game doesn't look ANY different than several last year that did feature a lineup Podsednik and Thome.

I'm sorry. He has been good. But most people on here are freaking in love with Andrew Jones to this point...he's hitting freaking .260, but it feels like he's hitting .400 compared to everybody else in the line-up...it's just sad/depressing that a .260 hitter is one of saving graces this season.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2010 -> 03:55 AM)
Pierre will likely end up with very similar numbers to Pods anyways, so I am not going to lose sleep over that one.

Average and steals might be similar, but Pods will have a ton more extra base hits and RBIs.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2010 -> 03:55 AM)
I'm sorry. He has been good. But most people on here are freaking in love with Andrew Jones to this point...he's hitting freaking .260, but it feels like he's hitting .400 compared to everybody else in the line-up...it's just sad/depressing that a .260 hitter is one of saving graces this season.

His OPS was over 1.10 coming into today

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Thank goodness he keeps all of the pressure off the players. See how wonderfully they respond with all the pressure focused on him.

Jesus Christ Sqwert, I love your sense of humor, but let. it. go.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
Average and steals might be similar, but Pods will have a ton more extra base hits and RBIs.

Oh give me a break. Dude had 25 RBI in 2005. It's certainly no guarantee that he will keep up a pace anything like this.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Jesus Christ Sqwert, I love your sense of humor, but let. it. go.

If we can't vent and whine after a piss poor performance in here than what's the point of having a message board?

Pods wanted a MULTI-YEAR contract that he wasn't worth

There, maybe people will have that finally start to sink in if it is just repeated over and over.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:59 AM)
Oh give me a break. Dude had 25 RBI in 2005. It's certainly no guarantee that he will keep up a pace anything like this.

He also is a much better hitter now. He was great with RISP last season.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:59 AM)
There, maybe people will have that finally start to sink in if it is just repeated over and over.

I agree, I was just arguing that Pierre will be just as productive as Pods.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
His OPS was over 1.10 coming into today

I'm not taking anything away from him, but I think if we had any kind of supporting cast/regular american league line-up he would simply be a pleasant suprise instead of our new 3 hole hitter.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)

Instead we have Juan Pierre on a MULTI-YEAR contract that he isn't worth.