Blue Jays @ Sox, 5/6 Game THREAD

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the vets can't be fixed because they already know what they are doing.

The kids can't be fixed because they don't embrace the spread stance.

The talent is not the problem.

The coaches are not the problem.

The GM is not the problem.

Its the mysterious black hole triangle of suck that is located at 35th and shields. I blame weather patterns, and umpires. Its a conspiracy.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
Well the vets can't be fixed because they already know what they are doing.

The kids can't be fixed because they don't embrace the spread stance.

The talent is not the problem.

The coaches are not the problem.

The GM is not the problem.

Its the mysterious black hole triangle of suck that is located at 35th and shields. I blame weather patterns, and umpires. Its a conspiracy.

Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Carlos is a straight up 1 year fluke. What a buster.

I am starting to really believe this. If that is the case, then we are really f***ed, cause our whole seasons success depended on him as our top RBI producer.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
Holy cow, swinging and missing meatballs in that inning. What an absolutely horrible offensive showing tonight. Taking a 3-1 pitch down the cock is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Not only did he take a 2-0 and 3-1 fastball when he needs to be looking fastball in those counts to maybe tie the game...what was simply amazing was that he was taking the entire way, which I'm sure you noticed. What in the f***?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2010 -> 02:43 AM)
I am starting to really believe this. If that is the case, then we are really f***ed, cause our whole seasons success depended on him as our top RBI producer.

More like next couple of seasons.

Let it all out, fellas!

Vent!

Damn Kenny! Damn Ozzie! Damn everyone to White Sox hell!

Seriously, fellas, put yourself in KW's position. What the hell would you suggest he do? Think about it rationally and reasonably....what would suggest he do?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
2 hits is about right when you have a lineup with 2 guys above .226. Don't forget one of those hits was our leadoff hitter for the game.

An infield single no less. Only 1 of our 3 hits was hit hard.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
Let it all out, fellas!

Vent!

Seriously, fellas, put yourself in KW's position. What the hell would you suggest he do? Think about it rationally and reasonably....what would suggest he do?

I would suggest next time he gets guys who can play baseball well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 7, 2010 -> 03:45 AM)
Let it all out, fellas!

Vent!

Fire Greg Walker, Send Beckham to the minors

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 6, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Let it all out, fellas!

Vent!

Get Orlando Hudson. Get Matsui or Johnny Damon, Keep Pods instead of Pierre. Jim Thome. Those moves alone would make us a significantly better offense. Even better if you believe that hte other hitters would be better with good hitters around. And all of those moves were easily doable. EASILY.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
Fire Greg Walker, Send Beckham to the minors

They brought in Hrniak in for Uribe in 05. Bring him here to work with Beckham exclusively for a bit before you send him down. The spread aint working.

I can't believe I'd rather see Beckham ninth than Pierre, but after seeing his at bats tonight and

seeing he has all of four f***ing RBIs all season, I guess Gordon deserves that Nine hole.

I'd definitely fire Walker. And I will admit he might not have anything to do with this. But it doesn't matter. Sometimes you fire a hitting coach just to make a change, and send a message to the team.

Beckham--maybe send him to Charlotte for a couple weeks. Let him get some hits, and get his swing back. He's not killing fastballs like he did last year. Maybe a short stint at AAA would be good for him in the long run. On the other hand, this team isn't going anywhere, so maybe just let him work it out here. Ugh, this team is frustrating!