Blue Jays @ White Sox - 1:05 CSN

Heads22

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if Gavin can't find his good curve, he's going to be a below average pitcher. Even on games where he has his good fastball, he's still not a good pitcher. We just have to hope he finds it. That change-up he throws to lefties is not a good pitch.

Terrible pitch selection....late on fastball and you sent him a change away.

He was buried with 2 FB's. Gavin and Castro, get it together!!!

This is why Gavin Floyd will haunt MLB GM's in their sleepless nights...just set a record for turning a 3-1 lead to a 5-3 deficit.

Last year I wanted to waive Floyd and see if anyone would take his contract...there would be some takers now, I guess, but it's frustrating that we're locked in with Floyd and might lose Mark and Danksie.

BTW, Vernon Wells is a DEAD-RED, first pitch, FB hitter. DO WE HAVE ANY ANY SCOUTS?

The Sox Talk board knows the Jays' tendencies more than our own coaching staff apparently.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 9, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Making a move to 8 back. When does Gavin's extension run out?

Reasonable money though...he'd actually make a good trading piece IMO.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
Reasonable money though...he'd actually make a good trading piece IMO.

Yes, but with our absolute lack of minor league starters besides Hudson, and Buehrle's deal coming up and Danks needing an extension, Peavy and Floyd are the two players I'm sure will be in our rotation for the next few years.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
Ramon Castro f***ing sucks at pitch calling. Everyone in the world knows Wells loves the first pitch fastball.

Ironic that he called Mark Buehrle's no-hitter. It was supposed to be a strength, but obviously he didn't spend any of his free time the last 6 months studying American League hitters.

Just no excuses for some of those numbers and locations that were put down that half inning.

I'm sure Tyler Flowers couldn't do any worse. Time to go back to Ozzie or Cooper calling all those pitches.