NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
I am conflicted. I understand the "bird in the hand" argument . . . but LBJ is still the top prize in this offseason. I think I want to see how that unfolds.

If you wait too long for LBJ, you might lose Bosh and Wade to Miami and risk ending up with nothing. That's not a risk i'm willing to take if such a scenario is actually at hand.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
i consider deng being gone as a plus.... we are what 4 mill short of 2 max contracts....we deal deng get bosh in a sign and trade...what does this leave us with cap wise?

If we deal Deng in a sign and trade for bosh I think we end up with almost nothing in money left. If we get just Lebron then we have like 13-14 million to spend on role players or a carlos boozer david lee and we could trade deng for more money.

So LBJ-Boozer/lee/jj possibly > Wade-Bosh

But I think you have to take the sure thing or else wade and bosh could go to miami and Lebron could stay and you're left with nothing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
f*** it...if we can get Bosh/Wade, you do it. We still walk away favorites if that happens.

Please let it be true...please please please!!!

exactly if he wants to stay with cleveland or go help new jersey rebuild be my guest it just shows his desire to win isnt as strong as everyone thought

I could never be disappointed with a haul of Wade and Bosh. NEVER NEVER NEVER. Still, LBJ is the King and still the biggest name in the game. I think the only way they don't continue going after LBJ is if they got a bad vibe from the meeting.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
A LeBron/PF (Bosh, Boozer, Lee) is still a better to me.

Plus, if the LeBron meeting went as well as it appears, then perhaps you get them to play against each other.

in a perfect world lebron and anyone is better but if they have a feeling he's not coming and there are 2 commitments on the table for wade/bosh then you HAVE to do that

it's not like they are chopped liver...they are the 2nd and 3rd best free agents out there

Edited by beckham15

I wonder if it's being leaked to try and get LeBron to take a certain course of action.

Seems like LeBron would be quite screwed if we signed Wade and Bosh, leaving him to go it alone in Cleveland or to go to the Nets?

Wouldn't it be crazy if Wade and Bosh came to Chicago and then LeBron and Boozer or something went to Miami? :)

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
I could never be disappointed with a haul of Wade and Bosh. NEVER NEVER NEVER. Still, LBJ is the King and still the biggest name in the game. I think the only way they don't continue going after LBJ is if they got a bad vibe from the meeting.

I would be more than content with just 1 of the 3. I think that still wins at least 1 title in the next few years, maybe more if they use their MLE's intelligently.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
i have a feeling miami is going to be left a big goose egg....they focused too much on the other free agents and not enough on keeping wade IMO

Bah...Miami isn't in the same "Screwed" shape that the Bulls are in if they don't land anyone. Miami can use their cap space this year to sign 1 year deal guys to fill out a roster and either trade them midseason to stockpile wanted pieces or to keep their cap space available for the future.

The Bulls are screwed starting next year because they have to take a portion of their cap space and use it to extend Noah this summer and Rose next year (assuming a CBA comes about), so they can't hold on to their cap space.

Lebron is great, but if you have Wade/Bosh ready to say yes, you give Lebron a courtesy call and unless he says "Im in" you move on and we watch Wade keep Lebron out of of the finals just like Jordan did to the Cavs.

Itll burn Lebron when hes on the other side of those highlights, but he had a chance.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
I wonder if it's being leaked to try and get LeBron to take a certain course of action.

That crossed my mind as well, especially if Lebron told them in the meeting today that it would be a week or two before he made up his mind. Leaking that Wade/Bosh are ready to sign would certainly force Lebron to commit to the Bulls if he had been considering them. But then I remembered leaks don't do a lot of good when Lebron could just call up Bosh and Wade on their cells and see what the deal is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Bah...Miami isn't in the same "Screwed" shape that the Bulls are in if they don't land anyone. Miami can use their cap space this year to sign 1 year deal guys to fill out a roster and either trade them midseason to stockpile wanted pieces or to keep their cap space available for the future.

The Bulls are screwed starting next year because they have to take a portion of their cap space and use it to extend Noah this summer and Rose next year (assuming a CBA comes about), so they can't hold on to their cap space.

true but miami depleted their roster trying to get 3 max slots and i dont see a free agent market that will be like this years for awhile so even if they save their cap space for next yr they still wont be nearly as good if they struck the gold mine this yr

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
exactly if he wants to stay with cleveland or go help new jersey rebuild be my guest it just shows his desire to win isnt as strong as everyone thought

LBJ isn't going anywhere but Chicago or Cle. That said, he is most likely to stay home where he is comfortable. Bulls should have a decent idea, but right now they might hold the leverage and they could play it to there advantages and land Wade/Bosh.

But who knows.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:12 PM)
Lebron is great, but if you have Wade/Bosh ready to say yes, you give Lebron a courtesy call and unless he says "Im in" you move on and we watch Wade keep Lebron out of of the finals just like Jordan did to the Cavs.

Itll burn Lebron when hes on the other side of those highlights, but he had a chance.

Thats why you use Wade/Bosh against LeBron

Call him up and say "Look, we have them committed. You either come here or don't sniff a trophy for a long time."

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
true but miami depleted their roster trying to get 3 max slots and i dont see a free agent market that will be like this years for awhile so even if they save their cap space for next yr they still wont be nearly as good if they struck the gold mine this yr

If I were Miami, I'd be happy with David Lee this year and Carmelo next year, along with a top 4 pick this year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)

Seems like LeBron would be quite screwed if we signed Wade and Bosh, leaving him to go it alone in Cleveland or to go to the Nets?

Wouldn't it be crazy if Wade and Bosh came to Chicago and then LeBron and Boozer or something went to Miami? :)

Lebron staying in Cleveland doesn't mean he's screwed. They still are one of the best teams in the NBA as it stands.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
If I were Miami, I'd be happy with David Lee this year and Carmelo next year, along with a top 4 pick this year.

if melo takes the deal Denver has out on the table for him then there goes that plan....