NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
I agree that depth in the regular season, especially a condensed season, will be beneficial. But in the playoffs, when it's time to see LeBron, Wade and Bosh, that depth means next to nothing.

Unless that lack of depth leads to someone like Wade wearing down and getting hurt... Again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
I agree that depth in the regular season, especially a condensed season, will be beneficial. But in the playoffs, when it's time to see LeBron, Wade and Bosh, that depth means next to nothing.

Remember, the playoffs are compressed somewhat too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
I really love this team. Boozer does indeed seem lighter on his feet, Deng is really stepping up into a legit #2 role, and Rip Hamilton creates something fierce.

Please, please stay healthy.

What a difference one pre-season game makes huh? :lolhitting

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)

Kinda said the same thing after the first one... kinda said the same stuff all last season. Rip Hamilton was obviously an upgrade, that was never not my opinion. I just wanted the Bulls to aim higher this offseason.

However, every game is must-watch, and I fully expect, if healthy, that the Bulls will show even better this year than last.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)

The prerequisite J4L downer post for all us Bulls "homers"...lol

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)

Seriously trying to temper my enthusiasm after two fairly "meaningless" preseason games, but they just plain look solid and in sync.

Sure, I'd rather the upgrade at SG was more significant, and I preferred a more significant move as opposed to the conservative one that was made, but if they can play together like a machine throughout the season, use their depth to their advantage, and have a guy really step up to help Rose, this can be a very special season.

They just may have the TEAM to beat a less-cohesive trio of stars...

According to Spanish magazine Marca, there are rumors about a Boozer/Korver for Gasol trade...use google translation since the article is in Spanish.I doubt it happens but if it does, that would be enough to put us over Miami IMO.

http://www.marca.com/2011/12/21/baloncesto...1324465328.html

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
According to Spanish magazine Marca, there are rumors about a Boozer/Korver for Gasol trade...use google translation since the article is in Spanish.I doubt it happens but if it does, that would be enough to put us over Miami IMO.

No idea why LA would do that, but yes please.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)

That would be a huge get for the Bulls. That would open the floor up something fierce.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
Hypothetical question:

If the lakers asked for boozer + noah would you do it?

Yes, long as you can resign him. Asik slides in decently enough for Noah, Noah's health always questionable. Instant favorite for the title i'd think.