NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Havent readthat, all ive seen is that multiple meetings pointing to desperation on knicks part, and that knicks are believed to be far down on james list, nets bulls cavs is what my thoughts were

Ya, I think the consensus was that they were the top 3, but this is basically saying now that it is the only 3.

Ric Bucher should consider reporting and not giving his opinion.

For those saying Chi can S&T for 1 and sign other outright: forget it. Neither Bosh nor Wade is taking less than 6 yr, $120m. Nor wd you.

1 minute ago via web

Wade/Bosh to Chi ignores major issue: doing 2 S&Ts. Someone would have to take Deng's deal. No one will. Tor wants picks/trade exception.

9 minutes ago via web

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
So is he still hearing Wade to the Bulls?

He is saying it, but he has no new info. Like it or not everything we are hearing now is probably not from a real source.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
He is saying it, but he has no new info. Like it or not everything we are hearing now is probably not from a real source.

Not trying to be an a-hole but why are they not real sources? Because they arent saying the bulls are the favorites?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
For those saying Chi can S&T for 1 and sign other outright: forget it. Neither Bosh nor Wade is taking less than 6 yr, $120m. Nor wd you.

1 minute ago via web

Actually, yes I would take less money to be closer to my kids if I were divorced. $100m isnt exactly minimum wage.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Not trying to be an a-hole but why are they not real sources? Because they arent saying the bulls are the favorites?

Some of the reporters are seemingly stating OPINION as fact. The "Bosh and wade wont take less than 6 years" thing wasnt "sourced" he was just stating his opinion.

Yes, sources can, and often are, wrong. but at least SAY you are getting from a source.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Actually, yes I would take more money to be closer to my kids if I were divorced. $100m isnt exactly minimum wage.

i think you mean you would take less money to be closer to your kids? at least that would be wades position

Is the hometown max contract really that much more? It's an extra year, but when the 5 year deal is up, they are going to sign for $20+ mil for that 6th year anyways. It guarantees more money, but will it really be THAT much more than what players like Bosh and Wade will make anyways?

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
Is the hometown max contract really that much more? It's an extra year, but when the 5 year deal is up, they are going to sign for $20+ mil for that 6th year anyways. It guarantees more money, but will it really be THAT much more than what players like Bosh and Wade will make anyways?

It really depends on how the new CBA unfolds. The money and cap situation might be very different in 5 years

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
i get what your saying though....he'd make up that 30 million easy in chicago off endorsements anyways

I dont know enough about Miami vs Chicago endorsements go. There's a lot less "stars" in Miami (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers) than in Chicago (Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks)

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)

I meant from Goff but from others as well. I say that because the most respected writers like Woj, haven't had anything to say. Woj was on the Score talking about how difficult the story has been. He has been on the Score multiple times a day and hasn't said anything new since Friday.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
I dont know enough about Miami vs Chicago endorsements go. There's a lot less "stars" in Miami (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers) than in Chicago (Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks)

yeah me either just going off of what people say....but either way he'll definately be making enough money to feed his family :lolhitting

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
Wade will be 34 in 6 years, if he has a couple of injury riddled seasons, say...at age 31-32, nobody is going to give him much in what would be that 6th year, if he had stayed with miami

noone can give him the time back he'd have with his children if he were in chicago either

I take the statement from Bucher about Wade differently.

This is the first time you are hearing Wade S&T, that gives the Bulls a way better shot at him. If its just a matter of making the players work, thats not the hardest thing to accomplish. If neither of those teams want Deng, just gotta figure out a 3 way deal that works. Then to the other team a trade exception future picks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Ya, but in the middle of a divorce I'm sure he'd rather have an extra 30 million than not. If Wade finally tells Heat he wants to go to Chicago, will they help with a sign and trade or not?

Unless he looks at the extra 30 million as a potential 15 extra million for her, and doesn't want her to have it.

I don't know his situation at all, so this is mere speculation on my part (as is most of what's on these 171 pages anyway).

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
I take the statement from Bucher about Wade differently.

This is the first time you are hearing Wade S&T, that gives the Bulls a way better shot at him. If its just a matter of making the players work, thats not the hardest thing to accomplish. If neither of those teams want Deng, just gotta figure out a 3 way deal that works. Then to the other team a trade exception future picks.

the only way i see us landing wade is by a sign....IMO i don't think miami would do that