5/23 Games

CSF

Viciedo on the doorstep of .300, 19 of his 49 hits of the extra base variety, and he might only be 21. Granted, more than 5 BB would be nice, but for all the different sites labeling him a complete bust, he's had a pretty decent season.

Also nice to see him get some Hot Sheet love from Baseball America.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
Here's hoping that no one on the club is a big enough prick to tell Freddy about this line today. I suspect he'd be angry.

Freddy's job is to pitch well enough to be traded to a contender.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Freddy's job is to pitch well enough to be traded to a contender.

So far he's been doing that too. I hope today was just a blip. I'm looking forward to the start of the Hudson era, and i'm glad to see him back on track.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
So far he's been doing that too. I hope today was just a blip. I'm looking forward to the start of the Hudson era, and i'm glad to see him back on track.

As a 5th starter in the AL with a miniscule salary, yeah, as long as today doesn't become a regular occurrence, some team will have a Brad Penny go out with a back injury and call us up. If Contreras could become a useful piece for the Rockies last year, as long as Garcia doesn't have an injury recurrence, he's movable for at least something.

Here's hoping that no one on the club is a big enough prick to tell Freddy about this line today. I suspect he'd be angry.

We told Freddy. He said, " That's a bummer, man. Wait...what were we talking about? Ere....take a..hit..man....pass it back...I've got cotton mouth... where's my slurpee and nachos ? So, what'd they say about the Hudson brothers?"

Thank god Dan Hudson dominate today, we really need him to pan out because Freddy Garcia won't last all year....

Huddy - 8 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 11 K

Despite a pretty high ERA, Hudson has been dominant in AAA this year w/ his peripherals. In 48 IP, he has 59 K and 14 BB. That's an 11.06 K/9, and a 2.6 BB/9. Those are both pretty great numbers. BB could be a touch lower, but that 4.2 K:BB ratio is outstanding. I am so glad this 23 year old kid came out of NO WHERE last year to pitch in Low A, High A, AA, and AAA and win the award for 2009 Pitcher of the Year in all of the minor leagues.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ May 23, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
We told Freddy. He said, " That's a bummer, man. Wait...what were we talking about? Ere....take a..hit..man....pass it back...I've got cotton mouth... where's my slurpee and nachos ? So, what'd they say about the Hudson brothers?"

anyone who smokes alot of weed wouldnt get cotton mouth as well as those other symptoms.