6/2/10 Sox vs Rangers 7:10, CSN+

Kalapse

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

PETCO obviously factored into Jake's numbers as well. But fathom, you know enough about baseball and have watched Jake enough too, you honestly wouldn't have thought that he'd be this bad this year, especially after his few starts last fall. Sometimes good players just have bad years.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
PETCO obviously factored into Jake's numbers as well. But fathom, you know enough about baseball and have watched Jake enough too, you honestly wouldn't have thought that he'd be this bad this year, especially after his few starts last fall. Sometimes good players just have bad years.

His xFIP is 4.19. That indicates he hasn't been nearly as bad as the 6.23 ERA. And I would agree.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 02:35 AM)

Truth be told, I was on here last year asking "why is his fastball only 91-93 mph"? I thought his slider would be a lot better than it was, as we were all worried it would be the high fastball that would do him in. It's not like Peavy's really been burned by the long ball.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
I seriously thought that they would just go on a tear this home stand....I'm a f***ing idiot

Each and every one of us made excuses for this team to try to justify this organizations offseason moves. You're not alone.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Cowley tweet:

I assume he's calling Hawk "Cabana Boy" :lol:

I doubt many Sox fans think we have a shot. Cowley needs to stop acting like he is the voice of reason. We aren't an idiotic fan base. Don't treat us like one.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
Kenny HAS to be thinking about blowing it up..

About that...

"General manager Ken Williams said Tuesday he had no deadline on whether to trade or add players to the White Sox.

"I don't have a date, I don't have a deadline," Williams said before the Sox's game against the Texas Rangers at U.S. Cellular Field. "I still believe in these guys"

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/white-sox/

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
When will Kenny light the fuse on this team?

He isn't going to fire any coaches because they are not at fault.

He isn't going to sell off because of the worry that it might affect what little walk up he has.

He will make some dumb move in the next few weeks as a desperation move to "compete" for this year. Hopefully he doesn't trade anything of value that will affect our future.

If he does trade something, it will be after the waiver trade dead line and it will get us scraps at best.

Lets pray that he doesn't revert to Broadway types with these great draft picks.

This is what its like to be the Baltimore Orioles of a few years ago.

Edited by southsideirish71