**White Sox vs. Tribe 6/5 Game Thread** 6:05 CT WGN

Brian

If we go into Monday with a 10 1/2 - 11 1/2 game deficit and are 1-9 against the Indians this season, something has to be done. (That would mean something like 9 of their 21-22 victories, nearly half, would have come against one team).

There will be no choice. (Crosses fingers)

Arguably our best overall player (along with Rios and Konerko) Thornton wets the bed. Great. Mitchell will probably reinjure his foot while rehabbing and Josh Phegley will develop a herniated disc while sleeping on throw thread-count sheets.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
If we go into Monday with a 10 1/2 - 11 1/2 game deficit and are 1-9 against the Indians this season, something has to be done.

There will be no choice. (Crosses fingers)

I really don't think it will matter. Nothing will happen til the season is over.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
Why, that run doesn't mean much. There's a good chance he comes up in the 9th.

Never understood "That run doesn't mean much/anything". Down 2, the runner at first is pretty important to cut the lead to one or tie.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
I really don't think it will matter. Nothing will happen til the season is over.

f*** D. Wade and his thinking that JR isn't loyal. The 2010 season is what happens when you are too damn loyal!

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
Never understood "That run doesn't mean much/anything". Down 2, the runner at first is pretty important to cut the lead to one or tie.

Yes, but do you want to give up your best power bat when all you need is a few runners to reach for him to bat?

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
Good showing offense. Way to continue to not care at all. No one on this team is even trying.

As Walker said, it's all mental. He said that Jones was trying to pull the ball for an entire month, so they FINALLY decided to try and work with him on going the opposite way. I've never heard someone wash their hands of the mess going on as much as I heard Walker.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
f*** D. Wade and his thinking that JR isn't loyal. The 2010 season is what happens when you are too damn loyal!

Who should we not have been loyal too, Quentin, Beckham, Floyd, or Buehrle?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)
Who should we not have been loyal too, Quentin, Beckham, Floyd, or Buehrle?

Greg Walker should have been fired like 3 years ago, and if JR was as pissed about the performance of this team over the past few seasons as he's said he is, then other changes should have been made.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
Greg Walker should have been fired like 3 years ago, and if JR was as pissed about the performance of this team over the past few seasons as he's said he is, then other changes should have been made.

JR wasn't even happy in 2008.

How did he feel about 2007, 2009 and 2010?

Something's gotta give.

THREETS with the save, perfect inning with a strikeout. Williams should be out of here ASAP.

Rios misreads the ball, doesn't always turn well and go back on balls hit over his head. Shouldn't have been tracking the ball with his eyes..."drifting" with the ball if you don't turn and go run to where you think it has to end up and then readjusting.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)

Bah, you're still not going to convince me that the trophy hitting coach scalp does anything.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
I would rather watch UT and UK play in football or basketball than watch this game. UT/UF or UT/UGA would be fine, too.

And I hate the SEC.

Try my technique. Down a bison burger for dinner then sit around drinking Jim Beam. Makes the game much more bearable. I just ran out of Jim.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:44 AM)
They just showed a replay. 3-2 pitch, straight fastball, waist high, outer half, out over the plate. Drove it off the CF wall for a double.

The pitch to get out Marson was a terrible hanger, but thankfully Marson is a terrible hitter.