**White Sox vs. Tribe 6/5 Game Thread** 6:05 CT WGN

Brian

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So AJ goes first. Then I would guess a reliever, Putz being the best one actively shopped... after that, sky's the limit. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the team get dismantled, because at least then I won't be watching the same group of guys lose every day. I'll be watching a whole new group of guys lose every day.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
So AJ goes first. Then I would guess a reliever, Putz being the best one actively shopped... after that, sky's the limit. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the team get dismantled, because at least then I won't be watching the same group of guys lose every day. I'll be watching a whole new group of guys lose every day.

No idea who goes after AJ. I don't think there's anyone I wouldn't move for the right price.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:09 AM)
No idea who goes after AJ. I don't think there's anyone I wouldn't move for the right price.

I think Konerko might go sooner than later. Hawk was almost giving him a send off today talking about how much he's matured during his time here, etc.

I suspect we're going to be sending off a lot of these guys very soon. I remember when all the rumors that Halladay was going to get traded last year popped up, and every home start the Jays fans gave him a standing O. I hope we pay our guys back in kind.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
:lolhitting :lolhitting

The skies over Chicagoland are darkening as a heavy storm front is com- I tell you what, Stone Pony, that dadgum thing was at least 4 feet long, if it wasn't 4 1/2 I'd be plumb shocked. I remember back in '67, me and Yaz used to go down to the pond and fish all da-there's a Tornado Watch for Cook County and the surrounding area, so stay tuned to WGN for furth-Yaz used to like fishing because he said that throwing the ol' rod was pert near close to swingin the ol' lumber.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
The skies over Chicagoland are darkening as a heavy storm front is com- I tell you what, Stone Pony, that dadgum thing was at least 4 feet long, if it wasn't 4 1/2 I'd be plumb shocked. I remember back in '67, me and Yaz used to go down to the pond and fish all da-there's a Tornado Watch for Cook County and the surrounding area, so stay tuned to WGN for furth-Yaz used to like fishing because he said that throwing the ol' rod was pert near close to swingin the ol' lumber.

This might be the greatest thing i have ever read. :lol:

Edited by Thunderbolt

Laughing so loud at our box score.

Season averages: Kotsay .193, Nix .143, Beckham .202, AJ .224, Carlos Quentin a robust .202, Jones .216, Pierre .249, Lexi .251.

How can Quentin be hitting .202 and Beckham .202. Embarrassing hitters.

Jake 3 whole strikeouts of the Indians in 7 innings.

What a joke.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Take this FWIW. A friend of mine who works security told me A.J.'s locker was cleaned out when he was in the clubhouse before the game. I'm sure our local media will have the scoop. <_>

Interesting.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
Take this FWIW. A friend of mine who works security told me A.J.'s locker was cleaned out when he was in the clubhouse before the game. I'm sure our local media will have the scoop. <_>

This could potentially be the start of something big. Here's hoping it's true. (although, i hope he's get to play one more game at home, so the Cell crowd can give him a proper send off.)

Why would the security worker tell you something that isn't true? Did he make it up to pull your chain?

These rumors never cease to amaze me when those in the know are supposedly involved.

I'd call your friend on it because he apparently is CLUELESS.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 04:38 AM)
Why would the security worker tell you something that isn't true? Did he make it up to pull your chain?

These rumors never cease to amaze me when those in the know are supposedly involved.

I'd call your friend on it because he apparently is CLUELESS.

People say stuff like this all the time. I was told by the guy who orders merchandise for the Cell that they had acquired Soriano a few years back and jerseys had been ordered.

Remember though.. this is Marty who has been spot on with signings/trades in the past, he docsox, Spataro, etc.. are very good in rumors and such and I trust alot. Only reason I would question it is cause it was a friend this time though Marty :P not the usual "connections."

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)

Emailed it to mlbtraderumors for s***s and giggles, but I guess we will find out in 12 hours if AJ is in the lineup or not.....

its almost time to plull the plug, anything after 10+ games out and it needs to be done..

KW needs to back up his talk and actually do something.. the worst thing in the world would be for this team to hover around 8-10 games out and KW not do anything about it..

We are setting ourselves up for some bad years ahead..