**White Sox vs. Tribe 6/5 Game Thread** 6:05 CT WGN

Brian

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
You've had one? Coulda fooled me.

Oh yeah, I LOVED Peavy when he was on the Padres and I probably creamed my pants a few times when we got him. And then he DOMIANTED in those 3 starts last year and I was happy as could be. But this year.. he's just awful. Nothing like his former self. I used to have faith that he'd turn it around, but I'm just not sure anymore. 12 starts in and he's had 2 good starts. What an absolute joke.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
Oh yeah, I LOVED Peavy when he was on the Padres and I probably creamed my pants a few times when we got him. And then he DOMIANTED in those 3 starts last year and I was happy as could be. But this year.. he's just awful. Nothing like his former self. I used to have faith that he'd turn it around, but I'm just not sure anymore. 13 starts in and he's had 2 good starts. What an absolute joke.

True, which makes me wonder how can he decline so much in such a short period of time. I remember watching his starts last year and was truly dominating.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:07 AM)
True, which makes me wonder how can he decline so much in such a short period of time. I remember watching his starts last year and was truly dominating.

But he still didn't have a good fastball, which kind of raised eyebrows around here. The masterful game against Detroit was against a team that was playing so tight...and drunk :lolhitting

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)

I know. It's like night and day between then and now. He was just lights out. I was sooo excited coming into this season because of him (and the rest of our staff) and every single one of them has just s*** their pants (minus Freddy, maybe). I mean, Freddy Garcia is our best starter... that speaks volumes for how bad this team is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
Haha, wow...our veteran offensive leader not getting the runner over. Poor Hawk having to try and make excuses for this pathetic approach.

I want Paulie traded sooooo bad. I'm tired of his slowness. You think he is slow then you go to a game and you see he is even slower than you thought. It doesn't even look like he is trying to run.

Thank you for everything but see ya.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
But he still didn't have a good fastball, which kind of raised eyebrows around here. The masterful game against Detroit was against a team that was playing so tight...and drunk :lolhitting

Ha, Tigers pretty much lost playoff spot last year to Peavy/Cabrera and whoever from the Sox got him wasted.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Beckham continues to have no bat speed on those inside fastballs, as he can't turn on anything with authority. It's ok, it's all mental and not a flaw in his approach!!

101 ABs without an XBH, something around 160 without a HR.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
It's been like that for few weeks now, but I believe it's 'Seek and Destroy'

I think you are right. Kill Em All is awesome but a lot of the songs sound the same at the beginning.