**White Sox vs. Tribe 6/5 Game Thread** 6:05 CT WGN

Brian

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:40 AM)
I can't wait until Konerko is gone!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, he's one of like 5 players on this team that shouldn't be criticized for making one out. 10 exclamation marks should be used for the Bust Brothers or Ozzie or Randy Williams.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
Wow, he's one of like 5 players on this team that shouldn't be criticized for making one out. 10 exclamation marks should be used for the Bust Brothers or Ozzie or Randy Williams.

I hate them as well! It's something about his .245ish average with runners in scoring position that rub me the wrong way.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
STOP THROWING BATTING PRACTICE! Indians are just crushing the ball off of Peavy the last few innings. It's scary that they're putting great swings on him, as it seems like he lost all of his stuff after 3 innings.

Tell me about it. I think it is just a matter of time before they score a few off him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
So are we.

Since you're always disagreeing with me, would you switch our position with the Orioles based on their prospects, etc? It's a tough call, as even though they'll likely have a better team 3 years from now, there is just a tremendous gap between them and the top teams in AL East.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Since you're always disagreeing with me, would you switch our position with the Orioles based on their prospects, etc? It's a tough call, as even though they'll likely have a better team 3 years from now, there is just a tremendous gap between them and the top teams in AL East.

You know? I really feel like I wouldn't...I'm getting the same "awful lot of busts" feeling about the O's that I'm getting about Beckham, etc., right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
You know? I really feel like I wouldn't...I'm getting the same "awful lot of busts" feeling about the O's that I'm getting about Beckham, etc., right now.

Only thing going for Orioles is they're supposedly going to try and get either Gonzalez or Fielder this season. However, it seems their pitching prospects don't throw nearly as hard as advertised.

Well, I'm glad I slept in and missed the first 5 1/2 innings, although I did get to witness another failed bat (Nix) with RISP.

Our fattest, most out of shape hitter is also our best hitter in this game.

I guess the only positives are Beckham actually attacking the ball instead of feeling for it and Peavy pitching well against a AAA line-up, although still positioned for another loss.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
Anyone surprised by 30K+ crowd?

Is it a special KW fundraiser to pay for AJ's, Buehrle's, Jenks', Peavy's, Konerko's, Linebrink's, Pierre's and Teahen's contracts?

Idiotic decision by Juan Pierre to bunt there with 2 strikes when he's been swinging the bat well and hasn't beaten out more than 3-4 bunts the entire season.

How many brain cramps can you have in 1/3rd of a season?

3-4 successes out of 20 bunt attempts is atrocious. Pods was/is really much more successful in this area, whatever you say about him.

Edited by caulfield12