**White Sox vs. Tribe 6/5 Game Thread** 6:05 CT WGN

Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Yes, as tickets were extremely cheap on stub hub for this game. That's good though, every bit counts towards payroll.

I grew up going to games on Saturday night because my dad liked the fireworks show.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
Really, bunting on 3-2? STOP BUNTING, you suck at it Pierre. Seriously, what more has to happen to get people fired? You have a pitcher called for a balk, not backing up 3rd, and now that?

Who failed to back up 3rd?

Peavy? The catcher?

With Andruw Jones struggling, we're seeing the worst possible offense that we all imagined/predicted in the spring.

Nobody was sure about Rios coming in and Konerko was expected to tail off, and while Quentin's numbers overall look so-so (like Peralta) it keeps coming back to CQ and Beckham (along with the pitchers and AJ) looking like shadows of their former selves and not being able to get on sustained hot streaks.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
With Andruw Jones struggling, we're seeing the worst possible offense that we all imagined/predicted in the spring.

Nobody was sure about Rios coming in and Konerko was expected to tail off, and while Quentin's numbers overall look so-so (like Peralta) it keeps coming back to CQ and Beckham (along with the pitchers and AJ) looking like shadows of their former selves and not being able to get on sustained hot streaks.

Quentin's numbers are not so-so. They're awful. He has a lower OPS than Teahen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:23 AM)
Really? Matt Thornton gave up a run to Branyan?

Yeah, that should never happen. Next thing you know, Griffey Jr. will get a hit against him. I'm looking forward to Monday with the hope that some major changes are made!