The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, he has some nasty moving heat, a 96 mph sinker, and a wicked, biting curve.

And we didn't even see that change.

Seems like it took the umpire a bit to get a feel for his stuff, but he called the pitches on Milledge that he missed against that second hitter.

This is the first time I have ever really watched Strasburg....gotta say, he looks like he is all that he was advertised to be.

Nice to see the National's Park filled and pumped up like that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
You've got to be kidding me. Those last two breaking balls were disgusting. How do you pick those up when the guy is throwing 97-99? The Nationals have three legitimate superstars in Zimmerman, Strasburg and Harper.

Now if they can just stop putting C. Guzman in RF!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Wow, he has some nasty moving heat, a 96 mph sinker, and a wicked, biting curve.

And we didn't even see that change.

Seems like it took the umpire a bit to get a feel for his stuff, but he called the pitches on Milledge that he missed against that second hitter.

This is the first time I have ever really watched Strasburg....gotta say, he looks like he is all that he was advertised to be.

Nice to see the National's Park filled and pumped up like that.

It's Strasmas in Washington D.C.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
With that curveball, it's just almost not even fair to other hitters. He's out there throwing like a closer. That was only one inning... let's see what he's got on his changeup.

The hitters are going to just have to ignore the curve and hope he can't throw it for strikes often, because they just have no chance to hit that and still cover the array of hard s*** Strasburg throws.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
The hitters are going to just have to ignore the curve and hope he can't throw it for strikes often, because they just have no chance to hit that and still cover the array of hard s*** Strasburg throws.

The thing is, he has impeccable control.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
The thing is, he has impeccable control.

Yeah, but he's not going to be snapping off curves for the first 3-4 pitches of every at bat. I'm not saying it will ever be easy to hit the kid, but they're just going to have to try and hit the fastball and ignore the breaking stuff. They just have no chance otherwise.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)

It's like he's not even trying to throw hard. God damn.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:19 AM)
It's like he's not even trying to throw hard. God damn.

I watched him pitch against UVa in the regionals last year, and I remember thinking he wasn't all that impressive cause they didn't have a radar gun on him. Next thing you know, he has like 14 strike outs against a very good hitting team and made them look like Gordon Beckham on a bad day.