The Official Stephen Strasburg needs Tommy John Thread

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
Granted he was facing a team that strikes out a lot, this was just ridiculous. 14 Ks in his debut? WTF! Luckily he's on a team that I don't hate. Also, for the game of baseball, I hope he doesn't end up like Mark Prior.

Only thing that would be better than us having him would be him in the NL central. The NL east is going to be sick very soon.

this is history. straight up history. we're watching the debut of the best pitcher baseball's ever seen. i don't care if people think i'm just buying into overinflated hype, and yes this is the pirates, but barring injury, MLB watch the f*** out.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 01:02 AM)
this is history. straight up history. we're watching the debut of the best pitcher baseball's ever seen. i don't care if people think i'm just buying into overinflated hype, and yes this is the pirates, but barring injury, MLB watch the f*** out.

AGREED!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
We missed out on two months of this guy for service time bulls***.

Actually, the contract they negotiated (and that he signed) limits him to throwing no more than 100 innings in the big leagues this year. I assume that means Boras and Stras wanted to protect his arm early also.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)

Yes, I think you might be overreacting after just one game in MLB.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:08 AM)
I still think he looks like Kerry Wood did when he came up. I thought he was the second coming as well. Hopefully Strasburg is a little more durable.

Strasburg will be a hell of a lot more consistent though due to his control.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
Strasburg will be a hell of a lot more consistent though due to his control.

My thought as well after watching a bit more (im a nerd and recorded it). I still think that slurve is going to shred his elbow.

The control he shows on his fastballs is ridiculous. He commands really 3 different fastballs and I saw at least 3 different curves.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:12 AM)
My thought as well after watching a bit more (im a nerd and recorded it). I still think that slurve is going to shred his elbow.

The control he shows on his fastballs is ridiculous. He commands really 3 different fastballs and I saw at least 3 different curves.

Yes, I recorded it as well. Watching it instead of the Sox game...sorry Hawk! I love Dibble cheering at the end of the top of the 7th.