knightni

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

"I just want a chance to win,'' Peavy said. "I believe it can happen here. I'm excited to be in the situation. Nothing's changed just because we haven't played well. I'm excited to be in a situation where you talk about it's not going to be a rebuilding process. If that were the case, I would certainly try to be moved, but that's the least of my worries.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Here is the full article, I guess it sounds better but still:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2010/06...g_scenario.html

I will give him the benefit of the doubt only because it just seems like he wants to play for a winner. I know he is a big reason why we are struggling along with our 2nd and 3rd hitters being so bad that they have to bat 5th or 6th and 9th, but ultimately he is a competitor. He is probably just venting some of his own frustrations and projecting them a little.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
Detroit sucks too. Minny is going to run away with this division

They aren't already? It's going to be interesting watching AL teams battle to win the Wild Card, while the Twins win the division by 8-10 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
They aren't already? It's going to be interesting watching AL teams battle to win the Wild Card, while the Twins win the division by 8-10 games.

No way. I was told that the Twins would come back down to earth and I was an alarmist.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Oh come on, after Cowley's initial tweet, it sounded much worse than what Peavy actually said.

Maybe you shouldn't freak out over a tweet that paraphrases a quote that should NEVER be paraphrased?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Oh come on, after Cowley's initial tweet, it sounded much worse than what Peavy actually said.

I know, I was the first one to say that was probably the case. Cowley's tweet was basically the headline,

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
I know, I was the first one to say that was probably the case. Cowley's tweet was basically the headline,

The biggest mistake in all of this was assuming that Cowley wasn't a piss-poor journalist. Our bad.

This doesn't even have anything to do with Cowley, any reporter in town would have phrased it that way. When you're dealing with a subject as complicated and potentially explosive as the waiving of a NTC or asking to be traded in the event of a complete rebuild a tweet paraphrasing a player's quote is not going to suffice.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
This doesn't even have anything to do with Cowley, any reporter in town would have phrased it that way. When you're dealing with a subject as complicated and potentially explosive as the waiving of a NTC or asking to be traded in the event of a complete rebuild a tweet paraphrasing a player's quote is not going to suffice.

Then there's no reason to tweet it if the tweet doesn't get the correct point across.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)

The solution is Cowley not tryng to condense this into a cryptic tweet at all.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
I don't see anything wrong with what he said either

Reason it's frustrating to me is he interjected himself into being someone who could be dealt a few days ago when they didn't even ask him specifically about being traded. It's why I don't get mad at AJP for talking about trades right now.