6/10 GT: White Sox vs. Tigers - 1:05pm CDT CSN

knightni

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
Well, Mark Teahen has reached base 0 times since going on the DL. Heh.

What I mean is, Vizquel is obviously better defensively, and his bat looks as good as Mark, ever since he started getting playing time.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
What I mean is, Vizquel is obviously better defensively, and his bat looks as good as Mark, ever since he started getting playing time.

I know. I was giving you s***. Omar has played well lately. I don't think he should be confused for an every day player, though, whereas I think Teahen is at least a fringe every day player.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
I love when we get shut down by a 6+ ERA pitcher..

We're up 1-0!

Let's not overlook the fact Scherzer is a different pitcher than his ERA shows, after coming back from AAA.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
Both CQ and Gordon flew out to deep center? Anyone watching let me know if they actually hit it well?

TCQ was right on it, but guess what??? A bit off the end of the bat, he took the guy nearly to the wall however. Again he's too far from the plate. GB had a good swing on it but was just a hair under it....

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
Why does Teahen get so much hate? He was coming around with the stick before hitting the DL..

No hate, I was simply stating the fact Vizquel has been doing a very decent (if not better) job replacing him.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
Wow. 5th inning already? Fast game.

After the first inning, the Sox have been swinging very early in the count to avoid getting themselves in 2 strike situations where Scherzer will K them.

It would be an effective strategy...if you could actually hit him early in the count. Instead it's just making his innings go faster and take fewer pitches.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Did anyone else see this from Cowely. "Peavy just said that if he felt the Sox were going to go young and rebuild all over, he would asked to be moved." I love Peavy, but he needs to shut his mouth. http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/15858542576

Yeah were already ripping him in the Catch All Thread

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Did anyone else see this from Cowely. "Peavy just said that if he felt the Sox were going to go young and rebuild all over, he would asked to be moved." I love Peavy, but he needs to shut his mouth. http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/15858542576

I posted it in the Catch-ALL thread.

I agree with you Bolt.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Detroit sucks too. Minny is going to run away with this division

Agreed. I went to the game that Thornton got lit up, but was still not that impressed with the Kitties. Minnesota is just too good. Also, there were these annoying Tiger fans in our section that kept chanting "eat 'em up Tigers, eat 'em up" Never heard that one before. Also, near the end of the game another moron starting chanting "Let's go Red Wings". I was like..wtf? Idiots.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
I posted it in the Catch-ALL thread.

I agree with you Bolt.

Tell the idiot to start pitching like a man and then maybe someone would consider taking on that ridiculous contract. Or, better yet, agree to rip up the contract and go on his merry way to wherever the F*&K he wants....

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Tell the idiot to start pitching like a man and then maybe someone would consider taking on that ridiculous contract. Or, better yet, agree to rip up the contract and go on his merry way to wherever the F*&K he wants....

:notworthy

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
After the first inning, the Sox have been swinging very early in the count to avoid getting themselves in 2 strike situations where Scherzer will K them.

It would be an effective strategy...if you could actually hit him early in the count. Instead it's just making his innings go faster and take fewer pitches.

It would also be an effective strategy if you had guys who can actually consistently get hits, which we cannot.

I'm betting that whatever Peavy actually said, it sounds worse when it gets compressed into a twitter post and removed from the context of the discussion.

For example, if the question was asked as "If the Sox give up for a couple years and want to do a complete rebuild, would you be open to a trade and waive your NTC?" and Peavy answered "Yeah, in that case I'd want to be traded, but they're not going to do that", the tweet with his answer could sound a lot worse.