6/11 GT: White Sox @ Cubs - 1:20pm CDT WGN

knightni

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
His mechanics have been inconsistent at best all season. He goes from a great swing to flying open without a breath inbetween.

I am not the best at breaking down mechanics but I can definitely see what you are explaining here in Beckham's swing. It seems like a simple answer, but with that inconsistency could he just be trying to hard? Remember what Rios said when he came to the White Sox last year, he struggled so bad because he was trying to hard...trying to prove his worth. Could Beckham just need to relax and let his talent do the rest? Seems to have worked for Rios.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
I am not the best at breaking down mechanics but I can definitely see what you are explaining here in Beckham's swing. It seems like a simple answer, but with that inconsistency could he just be trying to hard? Remember what Rios said when he came to the White Sox last year, he struggled so bad because he was trying to hard...trying to prove his worth. Could Beckham just need to relax and let his talent do the rest? Seems to have worked for Rios.

Rios got a complete swing overhaul by Greg Walker in the offseason though.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Jones, as every statistical measure predicted, is now absolute s***. I no longer blame Ozzie for playing Kotsay over him.

Yeah that was easy to see. It has already started, but watch Austin Jackson's avg plummet as well. He cannot maintain that BABIP.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Rios got a complete swing overhaul by Greg Walker in the offseason though.

This is true. Forgot about that part. Kind of a rare choice too keeping your hands so low for a guy with some power.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
i imagine when AJ moves, we're going to get a firestorm of guys blaming KW for betraying the 2005 team.

You are probably

right...I will always respect

AJP though, I really think he brought a change

to our attitude in 2005.