Beckham needs to be sent down

WhiteSoxfan1986

First of all, this isn't some overreaction from tonight's game, I've wanted Beckham to be in AAA for a couple of weeks now. He looks awful. He needs to get some confidence and he just isn't helping the team right now. Hell, I'm starting to think Lillibridge might be a better option at this point.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Walker is an absolutely terrible hitting coach for young players. Beckham and Quentin could easily be the next in line of guys who just busted big time on the Sox, along with Fields, Caruso, etc. Beckham worries me more than Quentin, as at least Quentin hits the ball hard occasionally.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:46 AM)
Your best idea since you've been on this board.

It makes sense, especially with Jose Guillen in the last year of his deal. If Gordon turns it around at 3b, then you move Teahen to RF. I also want Alex Gordon and Gordon Beckham batting back-to-back to match the Dodgers with Casey Blake and Blake Dewitt.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
It makes sense, especially with Jose Guillen in the last year of his deal. If Gordon turns it around at 3b, then you move Teahen to RF. I also want Alex Gordon and Gordon Beckham batting back-to-back to match the Dodgers with Casey Blake and Blake Dewitt.

Great. Dewitt and Blake will out hit them. Gordon and Beckham will hit .220 between them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Great. Dewitt and Blake will out hit them. Gordon and Beckham will hit .220 between them.

Alex has never sniffed the sucktitude over an extended stretch that Beckham has. AG would automatically become our second best player.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Alex has never sniffed the sucktitude over an extended stretch that Beckham has. AG would automatically become our second best player.

.250/.331/.415/.746 line over the first 1360 PA of his career for A Gordon.

It's really strange how every season, some one seems to underachieve in the hitting department. If an aspect of a business underachieves annually, changes are made. I don't understand how the White Sox continue to employ Greg Walker when the results continue to be poor. Carlos Quentin, Gordon Beckham, Josh Fields, etc. all came to the White Sox and played well immediately; however, after prolonged exposure to the team, they began to underachieve. How one whose job is to help the hitters achieve production has remained a staple on the coaching staff is beyond me.

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
It's really strange how every season, some one seems to underachieve in the hitting department. If an aspect of a business underachieves annually, changes are made. I don't understand how the White Sox continue to employ Greg Walker when the results continue to be poor. Carlos Quentin, Gordon Beckham, Josh Fields, etc. all came to the White Sox and played well immediately; however, after prolonged exposure to the team, they began to underachieve. How one whose job is to help the hitters achieve production has remained a staple on the coaching staff is beyond me.

A couple of years ago when Ozzie suggested Walker might have some responsibility along with the players and Ozzie himself for the Sox' poor offense, Walker went crying to JR and he's never been criticized again.

If Cowley's recent report isn't BS, JR won't even let his GM travel with the club because Ozzie might not like it.

It seems the Sox' problems start right at the top.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:32 AM)
It's been over 200 PA since Beckham last homered. He has 8 extra-base hits in about 230 PA this season, through 230 PA last season he had 25 XBH (19 2B, 6 HR) and was hitting .308/.376/.493/.868.

Wow, that's depressing. Good stuff kalapse!