Beckham needs to be sent down

WhiteSoxfan1986

Teahen is simply not an option for 2B.

They can play Vizquel there, Lillibridge or bring up Hudson...or make a move for an older veteran (like a Grudzielanek type) for only a Type B/C prospect.

There's no way, with how he has been playing that they move Alexei off SS to 2B, play Omar at SS and Teahen/Viciedo at 3B.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox can just send Gordon down to get things worked out and get his confidence back. Nix is red hot. He has 4 home runs last week proving that if properly managed and getting more than 10 AB's per month, he can hit a bit....Oh wait the Sox gave him up for nothing. The Sox winning makes it eaiser to swallow mistakes, but they are still mistakes. Gordon on the bench is bad for his development. Send Gordon down, play Lillibridge until he proves he shouldn't be playing and bring up CJ Retherford to be the guy who sits the bench and Ozzie pretends is not on the team. Not good for CJ either, but I don't think he would turn down the opportunity.

The Sox can just send Gordon down to get things worked out and get his confidence back.

^^^this

Guys I don't want him sent down PERMANENTLY, just to have a less pressurized situation to clear his head and find his swing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:48 AM)
Teahen is simply not an option for 2B.

They can play Vizquel there, Lillibridge or bring up Hudson...or make a move for an older veteran (like a Grudzielanek type) for only a Type B/C prospect.

There's no way, with how he has been playing that they move Alexei off SS to 2B, play Omar at SS and Teahen/Viciedo at 3B.

I don't think Teahen is an option at 3B either with the way he defends it. If you're a butcher over there, you'd better be a plus hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
At this point, yes. I'm the biggest Beckham fan on this planet outside of his family and his wife Victoria, but he's been a complete disaster this season.

I just caught this...well played, Mauer

It's pretty bad when you wish you had Chris Getz back. I'd rather have not traded him for Teahan. Anyway, Beckham's glove is not so good you can carry that dead bat all year. Not if you plan on competing for the playoffs. Ramirez was a good second baseman but he is playing too good right now to mess with him. Nix would also have been an answer but is gone now. Play lillibridge there. Viciedo and Teahan at third. With Vizquel, the magician, as relief at all three spots. Beckham has got to go down, and get it together. He will get another chance if he does well.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
It's pretty bad when you wish you had Chris Getz back. I'd rather have not traded him for Teahan. Anyway, Beckham's glove is not so good you can carry that dead bat all year. Not if you plan on competing for the playoffs. Ramirez was a good second baseman but he is playing too good right now to mess with him. Nix would also have been an answer but is gone now. Play lillibridge there. Viciedo and Teahan at third. With Vizquel, the magician, as relief at all three spots. Beckham has got to go down, and get it together. He will get another chance if he does well.

No he would not have been. I wish people would stop saying that.