Beckham needs to be sent down

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we all know Ozzie just isn't a fan of sweeping teams.

Yeah, Oz's reaction on Paulie's home run wasn't that of a man who LOVES winning and sweeping, was it?

It was priceless, thrusting his arms in the air.

We've done a good job of sweeping teams lately.

Maybe Rios needs a refresher in this stretch. How the hell do we know how Rios is feeling? I still say there's a method to Oz's madness. Kotsay and Jones are on the roster. They have to play some days. And Lilly subbed today. It's not like Gordon's bat was missed.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:09 AM)
Yeah, Oz's reaction on Paulie's home run wasn't that of a man who LOVES winning and sweeping, was it?

It was priceless, thrusting his arms in the air.

We've done a good job of sweeping teams lately.

Maybe Rios needs a refresher in this stretch. How the hell do we know how Rios is feeling? I still say there's a method to Oz's madness. Kotsay and Jones are on the roster. They have to play some days. And Lilly subbed today. It's not like Gordon's bat was missed.

I think Bill Self should have hired you to be his media attack dog in the days before he won his national championship at KU.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
Beckham has fallen so low I'd rather have Chris Getz at second. He hit .261 last year and has a very good glove. Then we wouldn't have to have Teahan either.

Have you taken a look at Getz's numbers this year? He's hitting .224 with an OPS around .550. It's still better than Beckham, but it's still in Andy Gonzalez territory.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so explain this. Ozzie today all but acknowledges that Lillibridge is going to be starting at 2B for the time being since he has the hot hand.

Wouldn't NOW be the time to send Beckham down to AAA to get his act together? What are they waiting for? Before the argument was that there's not a suitable replacement. Now, he's not even starting, soooooo....

Or am I missing something?

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
OK so explain this. Ozzie today all but acknowledges that Lillibridge is going to be starting at 2B for the time being since he has the hot hand.

Wouldn't NOW be the time to send Beckham down to AAA to get his act together? What are they waiting for? Before the argument was that there's not a suitable replacement. Now, he's not even starting, soooooo....

Ozzie didn't say Lillibridge would be starting. He said he'd be trying to get Lilli playing time, and said that Beckham is his 2B. Not sure where you are getting this.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)

You must be missing something :lol:

But, seriously Surely getting sent down isn't the answer to everything

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
You must be missing something :lol:

But, seriously Surely getting sent down isn't the answer to everything

Surely you are correct, but it Surely could be the answer to getting Beckham back on track.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Ozzie didn't say Lillibridge would be starting. He said he'd be trying to get Lilli playing time, and said that Beckham is his 2B. Not sure where you are getting this.

Actually here's what he said:

Manager Ozzie Guillen sat Beckham for a second consecutive game on Monday, instead going with the hot bat of Brent Lillibridge at second base.

''[beckham] still is my second baseman,'' Guillen said. ''But right now, the way Lillibridge is playing, I'm going to give him a shot. Remember, if Kenny [Williams] or Jerry [Reinsdorf] told me, 'Here it is. That's the development of my ballclub. This is the team for the future ..

So give him that shot. And send Beckham down to get his swing back. Now seems like the best time ever, because there's no hole--right now--with Beckham being gone.

Therefore I ask again: what are they waiting for?

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Actually here's what he said:

Manager Ozzie Guillen sat Beckham for a second consecutive game on Monday, instead going with the hot bat of Brent Lillibridge at second base.

''[beckham] still is my second baseman,'' Guillen said. ''But right now, the way Lillibridge is playing, I'm going to give him a shot. Remember, if Kenny [Williams] or Jerry [Reinsdorf] told me, 'Here it is. That's the development of my ballclub. This is the team for the future ..

So give him that shot. And send Beckham down to get his swing back. Now seems like the best time ever, because there's no hole--right now--with Beckham being gone.

Therefore I ask again: what are they waiting for?

Probably either Visquel or Teahen to get healthy.

Why do you want him set down so much?

I don't understand why that is the cure all? Have him sit a while and hopefully the competitive juices will take over.

Then maybe he'll start hitting.

Sometimes I think people just want him sent down so they don't have to think about him anymore.

We actually need him on this team. Lilly is not the answer. Omar is too old. Teahen stinks as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
Why do you want him set down so much?

I don't understand why that is the cure all? Have him sit a while and hopefully the competitive juices will take over.

Then maybe he'll start hitting.

Personally, I want him sent down to see if he can show if he even knows how to hit anymore. I'm not scared of him going down there and sucking, as right now, he's a total bust and a lost cause for this season. Something needs to be done to get him on the right track for the next few years. Josh Fields and Caruso never recovered, and I'm scared that Beckham is next in line.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
I don't think he's a lost cause for the rest of the season.

I actually think we need him. Do you want Lilly and Omar out there at second, and heaven forbid, Teahen?

At this point, yes. I'm the biggest Beckham fan on this planet outside of his family and his wife Victoria, but he's been a complete disaster this season.