2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
Okay by me, I don't need to see another Crosby/Ovechkin televised lovefest anyway.

It's one of the best battles in sports. The series 2 years ago was nothing short of absolutely epic. Plus, the winter classic is awesome since they have kept it at one game per year.

It's not like it's the Favre love fest where the love isn't deserved.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
It's one of the best battles in sports. The series 2 years ago was nothing short of absolutely epic. Plus, the winter classic is awesome since they have kept it at one game per year.

I don't like either guy or either team, so I have no interest.

And technically, there are two outdoor games this year (the Heritage Classic between the Canadiens and Flames in February).

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
I don't like either guy or either team, so I have no interest.

And technically, there are two outdoor games this year (the Heritage Classic between the Canadiens and Flames in February).

Well you are missing great players and great hockey, but to each his own.

The 2nd outdoor game isn't hyped at all, and there's only one new year's day, as long as they keep that going, it's good.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)

I'm with you. I love watching them play, and even more so, against each other.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
I'm with you. I love watching them play, and even more so, against each other.

Ditto, though I must say there isn't any question now who the best player of the two is.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Jonas Hiller absolutely astounding all night.

That save when Stalberg had the open net and Bolland tipped it was ridiculous. Just when it seems like the Hawks have it figured out, bam, a 3-game losing streak.

Quennville had a poor coaching game overall. Stalberg-Dowell-Skille line was good the whole night and you take out Dowell in the 3rd? (though Stalberg and Skille are always good together when they are paired up) Damn..

Hawks are now 0-2 without Toews. (though you could say 0-3 cause Toews got injured when the Hawks were winning 1-0 in that game vs St. Louis before losing the game) Also nice to see Jordan Hendry on the ice as a defense-men. To me, he's better than Boynton and Cullimore, but is always in the dog house for whatever reason.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Hawks desperately need to add a defenseman. Hendry and Cullimore on the ice together = ANA goal.

The 2nd goal was Keith and Seabrook getting beat, so there's no easy solution. Seabrook especially looked bad in his own zone.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
That save when Stalberg had the open net and Bolland tipped it was ridiculous. Just when it seems like the Hawks have it figured out, bam, a 3-game losing streak.

That puck was going wide once Bolland tipped it. Bolland saved the game for the Ducks. Oops.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Quennville had a poor coaching game overall. Stalberg-Dowell-Skille line was good the whole night and you take out Dowell in the 3rd? (though Stalberg and Skille are always good together when they are paired up) Damn..

Hawks are now 0-2 without Toews. (though you could say 0-3 cause Toews got injured when the Hawks were winning 1-0 in that game vs St. Louis before losing the game)

Johnson played fine in that slot instead of Dowell. No big loss.

Also, Kane was useless tonight. If he's still hurt, he shouldn't be playing, because him at whatever % that is actually hurts the team and it's more of a risk to injure it further.

If the playoffs started today the Hawks would be two points out of going, sitting in the 11th seed. They also have played more games than the teams sitting in the 6th to 10th slots. This team needs to forget about repeating, and start working on not getting left out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
If the playoffs started today the Hawks would be two points out of going, sitting in the 11th seed. They also have played more games than the teams sitting in the 6th to 10th slots. This team needs to forget about repeating, and start working on not getting left out.

At which point they will be the "team that no one wants to play"

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
Big game-winner for Toews. I can't even stay up past 10 PM anymore, so I missed it. Now that they are healthy again for the most part, need to get some points on this homestand.

I was very happy to see Toews get the tally for that one... he's really adopted the captain title seriously and is showing our other "stars" that you can play through pain.

I hope everyone voted for Sharp for the All-Star team. Luckily last night was the last night for voting so he gave some an even bigger reason to vote.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
Big game-winner for Toews. I can't even stay up past 10 PM anymore, so I missed it. Now that they are healthy again for the most part, need to get some points on this homestand.

You didn't miss much as far as the game winner was concerned...Doughty threw it in his own net off Toews' skate.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
You didn't miss much as far as the game winner was concerned...Doughty threw it in his own net off Toews' skate.

Sometimes its more important to be lucky than good. (see game 5 of the 2010 Western Conf. quarterfinals)