2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
One of the problems I have with yesterday's riots is that it was 100% premeditated. I was watching the live coverage last night on CTV and a reporter noted that some of the fans she talked to before the game were looking forward to recreating the '94 Vancouver riots if the Canucks lost. It only lends credence to Steve's comments, the police were "ready" for rioting, not nearly as prepared as they needed to be but they were well aware that some s*** was going to go down if the Canucks lost, there was plenty of buzz before the game even began.

It's not totally out there to say Vancouver can not be trusted, they seem to be the rioting type and now it's becoming a tradition.

It really is quite appalling. It's sad to think many of the people involved were just out there to start rioting and looting. Looking at how things went down i think the results would have been the same even if Vancouver won.

Edited by supernuke

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to understand unless you have been around a culture of rioting.

Madison had a few, and eventually Halloween just became an excuse to start one. When you look at the pictures its clear it has nothing to really do with the Canucks, and everything to do with the riot.

QUOTE (supernuke @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
It really is quite appalling. It's sad to think many of the people involved were just out there to start rioting and looting. Looking at how things went down i think the results would have been the same even if Vancouver won.

I have absolutely no doubt about that statement. It wasn't spurred by anger or joy, but an appetite for destruction. Simple as that.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
I have absolutely no doubt about that statement. It wasn't spurred by anger or joy, but an appetite for destruction. Simple as that.

It's clear to me that hockey brings out the worst in that city, so the NHL has no choice but to relocate the Canucks franchise.

On second thought, the hooligans would probably just follow the team wherever they went, so the best thing to do for the safety of the people of Vancouver, and the NHL league-wide, is to dissolve the Canucks entirely and erase all mention of them from record books, tape libraries and future memorabilia production.

;)

The whole thing is just ridiculous. Totally premeditated and would have happened win or lose. People want an "excuse" to act like idiots. Give them a big sporting event, a holiday, anything, and they'll take it.

They want to use the excuse of "we lost, I'm pissed" or "we won, I'm so happy" to make their actions "OK" in their minds, even though no one is actually happy or pissed because it's not legit fans doing it.

It's almost beyond comprehension that human beings could be this stupid.

BTW, as for the picture Steve posted with the guy trying to blow up the cop car? Have fun losing your scholarship, ass clown. Olympics? LOL

http://deadspin.com/5813155/look-at-this-u...-police-cruiser

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
The whole thing is just ridiculous. Totally premeditated and would have happened win or lose. People want an "excuse" to act like idiots. Give them a big sporting event, a holiday, anything, and they'll take it.

They want to use the excuse of "we lost, I'm pissed" or "we won, I'm so happy" to make their actions "OK" in their minds, even though no one is actually happy or pissed because it's not legit fans doing it.

It's almost beyond comprehension that human beings could be this stupid.

BTW, as for the picture Steve posted with the guy trying to blow up the cop car? Have fun losing your scholarship, ass clown. Olympics? LOL

http://deadspin.com/5813155/look-at-this-u...-police-cruiser

I don't disagree with your post...except for the bolded text. Human stupidity should never surprise anybody, it is absolutely limitless.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
I was watching the CBC Hockey Night in Canada intros for the Stanley Cup last night. Would be really awesome if Versus or NBC would try to do something like that one of these days.

Some of the Hawks/Flyers ones were absolute classics last year. CBC does a great job, other than the fact that I think Jim Hughson announces the games in Canucks sweaters. I would have only been mildly surprised had I learned he was sighted crying and lighting things on fire after game 7.

Edited by whitesoxfan101