2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Hey, look at that, fans complaining about their team losing. What a shock, this is completely original to the city of Vancouver and never happens with fans of other teams. That's totally worth posting all the time on a Chicago board.

Canucks fans take it to a whole new level, if you dont recognize that then you are blind. What other team in pro sports has enshrined a coach for complaining to the refs?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
Nobody on this board complained about the officiating in the Bulls/Heat series.

I know! I can't believe some random Canucks fan would complain about such things. It makes them all jackasses and totally represents every single Canuck fan!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
Canucks fans take it to a whole new level, if you dont recognize that then you are blind. What other team in pro sports has enshrined a coach for complaining to the refs?

who.cares.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
Then.dont.read.my.posts

I guess I just don't understand the goal. There are annoying, pain in the ass fans for absolutely every franchise in every sport worldwide. Posting their idiocy is just pointless.

You want to post Bobby Lu's comments about Tim Thomas?? Then hell yeah that would be interesting!

Just re-hashing b**** posts from nutso fans is completely pointless. I don't want to ignore all of your posts, because you are a good poster, I just see absolutely zero merit or reason to post something found on another message board and label it as representative of 'Nucks Nation. It's not true, they have plenty of fine fans, and it gets really old as you've been doing it for months.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
I know! I can't believe some random Canucks fan would complain about such things. It makes them all jackasses and totally represents every single Canuck fan!

Canada Sucks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
I guess I just don't understand the goal. There are annoying, pain in the ass fans for absolutely every franchise in every sport worldwide. Posting their idiocy is just pointless.

You want to post Bobby Lu's comments about Tim Thomas?? Then hell yeah that would be interesting!

Just re-hashing b**** posts from nutso fans is completely pointless. I don't want to ignore all of your posts, because you are a good poster, I just see absolutely zero merit or reason to post something found on another message board and label it as representative of 'Nucks Nation. It's not true, they have plenty of fine fans, and it gets really old as you've been doing it for months.

I'm sure karma has someone pulling his OSU posts to represent Bucks fans.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)

Sorry to annoy you, but Nucks fans have a much larger population of irrational fans than most fans we come into contact with. Ill just post the links from now on so you dont have to read them, but I would challenge anyone to find a message board that has 90 percent of the threads talking about the NHL's conspiracy with the refs after every game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
Sorry to annoy you, but Nucks fans have a much larger population of irrational fans than most fans we come into contact with. Ill just post the links from now on so you dont have to read them, but I would challenge anyone to find a message board that has 90 percent of the threads talking about the NHL's conspiracy with the refs after every game.

It's all good. See, I have no interest in reading other teams' fans' irrational posts, I read enough of them about Chicago sports (some from me) to keep me satisfied.

I enjoy laughing at them. Keep 'em coming.

Dude, there is a reason they are all paranoid. Everybody in Vancouver is baked all the time. Hydroponic capital of Canada.

Go Canucks! Get you're act together you bunch of goons!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
Either way, unless one of your teams is involved in the other sports, you really cannot beat a Stanley Cup Final Game 7. Here's hoping for 3 OT.

No doubt. If it doesn't go 3 OT, I would also take a 7-1 Boston beatdown, just to see some pricless shots of the Canuck fanbase and Luongo getting pulled.

I just realized that if the Bruins win tonight, Boston will have won championships in all four major sports within 7 years. After the Hawks won last year, I remember hearing that Chicago was the only city to have done that in the last 25.

For a moment, I actually considered whether that obscure point of civic pride (combined with my disdain for New England fans in general) might be enough to warrant pulling for the Canucks. It isn't.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Both cities are going to need extra police regardless of the outcome. Both are crazed.

I don't think they are comparable in this situation. Yes, the Bruins have a 40-year Cup drought, but Boston has the Pats, Celtics, & Red Sox as winners recently. Vancouver has nothing else but the Canucks and they have never won. Oh, and it's hockey in Canada. Their reaction would be crazed on a much larger scale than Boston's.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
I don't think they are comparable in this situation. Yes, the Bruins have a 40-year Cup drought, but Boston has the Pats, Celtics, & Red Sox as winners recently. Vancouver has nothing else but the Canucks and they have never won. Oh, and it's hockey in Canada. Their reaction would be crazed on a much larger scale than Boston's.

Think of it as the Canadian version of Green Bay, without the history of winning a lot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Think of it as the Canadian version of Green Bay, without the history of winning a lot.

Except Green Bay has around 200k people and the greater Vancouver area has 2 million.