2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
I hate all things Boston (stupid baked beans...), but I love the Bruins.

I don't know why, exactly - probably because they were really good when I was a kid and I've always liked their uniforms.

That's funny and is why I've been a Bruins fan since the late 80s. I grew up in Sarasota in the mid to late 80s so hockey was pretty foreign to me, especially at 7-8 years old. My parents went out and left us kids with a babysitter and my dad turned on tv to a hockey game that involved the Bruins and some other team. I picked the Bruins as my rooting interest because of the bear head on the shoulder reminded me of the Carebears and I was a big Carebears fan at that age.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
No suspension for Burrows: "After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron."

Are you f***ing kidding me? Did you watch the video? He had his finger near his mouth, he covered his face so no one could see, and he bit down.

I'm not the type of fan who cries for suspensions but no suspension here is ridiculous. Even if Bergeron stuck his finger into Burrows mouth, that wouldnt cause a piercing of the finger to the point it started to bleed. You've got to get a good bite to make someone bleed through those hockey gloves.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
That's funny and is why I've been a Bruins fan since the late 80s. I grew up in Sarasota in the mid to late 80s so hockey was pretty foreign to me, especially at 7-8 years old. My parents went out and left us kids with a babysitter and my dad turned on tv to a hockey game that involved the Bruins and some other team. I picked the Bruins as my rooting interest because of the bear head on the shoulder reminded me of the Carebears and I was a big Carebears fan at that age.

Thank your lucky stars it wasn't baseball season - your Care Bears obsession could have led you down a terrible, terrible path....

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
Thank your lucky stars it wasn't baseball season - your Care Bears obsession could have led you down a terrible, terrible path....

haha, well lucky for me I was living in Sarasota and going to White Sox spring training games at Payne Park!

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
I've never met a Canucks fan. I've met plenty of Boston fans and that's enough for me to say Go Canucks.

I've never met a Heat fan. I've met plenty of Dallas fans and that's enough for me to say Go Heat.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
I've never met a Heat fan. I've met plenty of Dallas fans and that's enough for me to say Go Heat.

If I could "like" and retweet this, I would.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
No suspension for Burrows: "After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron."

Are you f***ing kidding me? Did you watch the video? He had his finger near his mouth, he covered his face so no one could see, and he bit down.

That's some bulls***. Let Chara dismantle that f***tard.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)

I seriously don't follow Hockey except the Finals, do you seriously hate Dallas fans or are the Canucks some kind of All Star team?

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
Anyone else think that Chara should be at the point on the power play instead of infront of Lou?

I think he needs to move back. It was a nice experiment in the TB series as a change of pace for a struggling power play. But he just isnt good enough with the stick or quick enough to get after the loose pucks around the crease. I wouldnt be against putting him in front once every 3 or 4 power plays.

Overall though it actually helped the PP. In the Montreal series, the B's couldnt even get into the zone or keep the puck for any length of time. Now they actually look like they know what theyre doing out there. Just cant find the net.

QUOTE (supernuke @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
Canucks up 2-0 :headbang

Unable to get any season tickets in Winnipeg :angry:

:lolhitting Congrats supernuke on Winnipeg finally getting another NHL team. Any rumours you've heard what the nickname might be?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 07:09 PM)
So the guy who should have been suspended scores the winning goal, perfect

lol, no s***.

After game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals, a TB radio host was complaining about a video from a cell phone that showed Horton spraying a fan with a water bottle and then tossing it at the fan. Of course tons of TB fans were calling for him to be suspended from game 7 and even called league offices after the host posted the number on the station website. And guess who scored the only goal the next night...