2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
In the "wait, what the f*** just happened?" power rankings, Bieksa just scored a higher score than Patrick Kane to send the Canucks to the finals with a double OT win.

I won't even describe it, you just have to watch it.

Wow, that was ridiculous. Bieksa was literally the only player on the ice who knew where the puck was. Everyone else was clueless.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
Wow, that was ridiculous. Bieksa was literally the only player on the ice who knew where the puck was. Everyone else was clueless.

Ill be happy when he leaves for free agency this offseason.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Right...a team with 29 FMs on the year is loaded with goons. Raffi Torres is a punk but that's about it. Their fans are what makes them annoying.

I agree. In the past you had guys like Hordichuk and SOB, but they're both gone. I still get the creeps every time they show the Sedins' faces though.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 25, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
I'm sure you want all of them to be like Jonathan Toews, perfect men.

Nucks fans consider him a douche as well.

And I'll still take Kesler and Bieksa on the Hawks in a heart beat. Bieksa is exactly what I wish Hammer was.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
FM =/= goons and douchebags.

Burrows, Bieksa, Torres, all douchers.

Really? I guess terminology must be changing.

Nothing really wrong with Burrows and at least Bieksa actually will back up his s***. I gave you Torres. Either way, three guys hardly constitutes a "team full of goons and douchebags". And it's ironic since the Blackhawks play John Scott. The epitome of a goon.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 26, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
Really? I guess terminology must be changing.

Nothing really wrong with Burrows and at least Bieksa actually will back up his s***. I gave you Torres. Either way, three guys hardly constitutes a "team full of goons and douchebags". And it's ironic since the Blackhawks play John Scott. The epitome of a goon.

Oh.. other than the hair pulling, whining to officials and cheap shots, not to mention constant diving on the ice, he is a saint.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
Oh.. other than the hair pulling, whining to officials and cheap shots, not to mention constant diving on the ice, he is a saint.

I don't watch much of the Western Conference so I don't know of any of the incidents you mention. As for the whining and diving, come on, that's so prevalent nowadays in hockey its ridiculous. And even if he takes it to a new extreme (I dont know) that hardly warrants those labels. There are plenty of players in this league that get chastised for cheap play but i cant recall his name name often comeing up during those discussions.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
I don't watch much of the Western Conference so I don't know of any of the incidents you mention. As for the whining and diving, come on, that's so prevalent nowadays in hockey its ridiculous. And even if he takes it to a new extreme (I dont know) that hardly warrants those labels. There are plenty of players in this league that get chastised for cheap play but i cant recall his name name often comeing up during those discussions.

You must not have been a Hawks fan for very long...........

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ May 27, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Ya gotta believe that NBC is praying for the Bruins tonight.

What would the level that the Canucks-Lighting would have to be under in order to be the worst rating Stanley Cup Finals ever?

It wouldn't be worse than Ducks/Senators four years ago. But you're right, NBC is for sure praying Boston wins tonight, because Canucks/Lightning would be bad for them. I think it'd be an awesome hockey series to watch though (but so would Canucks/Bruins).