2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one hell of a hockey game.

However, someone tell Penis Pierre that SJ did not win the Cup with that win. They did not "slay the dragon" or "quiet the doubters." Until they actually win something, this SJ group is still known as the big chokers. This win just prevented them from becoming the biggest chokers of all time.

I hope they can get by Van. Should be another great series.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)

However, someone tell Penis Pierre that SJ did not win the Cup with that win. They did not "slay the dragon" or "quiet the doubters." Until they actually win something, this SJ group is still known as the big chokers. This win just prevented them from becoming the biggest chokers of all time.

They'll get smoked by the nucks and you have to blow up that team at this point.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)

Yeah that was ridiculous. They beat Detroit in the WC Semi's last year, and in only 5 games to boot. I thought Detroit had a very good shot at beating Vancouver had they pulled this off tonight (and not had more injuries like they did), but I don't see how San Jose beats Vancouver. San Jose is built a lot like Vancouver is, only with inferior players. :lol: Canucks in 5, maybe 6. I really dislike both teams quite a bit, but obviously moreso Vancouver. Whoever wins this series, I know I'll be rooting for the east winner in the Final.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Atlanta is relocating to Winnipeg, it's official.

Good. Lets ask them not to match (or trade) Andrew Ladd too in the off-season to us. :P (rumors were he wouldn't sign if they relocated)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
They'll get smoked by the nucks and you have to blow up that team at this point.

Agreed and I think Boston is the only team that can actually beat the Canucks whose left.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2011 -> 01:58 AM)
Yeah that was ridiculous. They beat Detroit in the WC Semi's last year, and in only 5 games to boot. I thought Detroit had a very good shot at beating Vancouver had they pulled this off tonight (and not had more injuries like they did), but I don't see how San Jose beats Vancouver. San Jose is built a lot like Vancouver is, only with inferior players. :lol: Canucks in 5, maybe 6. I really dislike both teams quite a bit, but obviously moreso Vancouver. Whoever wins this series, I know I'll be rooting for the east winner in the Final.

San Jose got whipped pretty good by Vancouver during the regular season.

Link

Derek Boogaard's family has donated his brain to researchers who will check for damage that might have resulted from his career as an NHL enforcer.

Boogaard's agent and a spokeswoman for the Boston University School of Medicine confirmed Sunday that Boogaard's family made the donation. Researchers at the medical school have set up a brain bank to check athletes for degenerative brain disease caused by repeated concussions.

Ron Salcer, Boogaard's agent, said the player was approached by researchers because he played with a similar style to Bob Probert, who died last year at the age of 45. Researchers at the BU Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy found evidence in Probert's brain of the degenerative brain disease, which is associated with cognitive and behavioral problems and eventually causes dementia.

Boogaard missed the last half of last season with the New York Rangers while recovering from a concussion. There is no evidence yet that the injury contributed to his death, but the Star Tribune of Minneapolis first reported that his family asked the BU center to look into it.

"It's an amazing thing he did and his family did. Hopefully that'll bring some information," Salcer told The Associated Press. "We don't know exactly the impact that the concussions might have played."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 16, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
Thrasher's ownership is in negotiations to sell the team and move it to Winnepeg. The rumor had been Winnepeg, but now it's been officially reported.

It's happening for sure...there was discussion a couple pages back

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
It's happening for sure...there was discussion a couple pages back

I thought Phoenix was the one that was going to move to Winnipeg?

QUOTE (SnB @ May 16, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
I thought Phoenix was the one that was going to move to Winnipeg?

Glendale bought themselves a one year reprieve basically. Bettman will do everything he can to keep that team there. Don't be shocked if they are gone in 2012-2013 though. (Quebec City, Hartford, Kansas City, Seattle)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 16, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
Glendale bought themselves a one year reprieve basically. Bettman will do everything he can to keep that team there. Don't be shocked if they are gone in 2012-2013 though. (Quebec City, Hartford, Kansas City, Seattle)

I'll support the Hartford move if they are named the Whalers again and they bring back the Brass Bonanza.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Tyler. Seguin. 2 career playoff games, 3 goals, 6 points. How about that Phil Kessel trade now?

Unreal tonight.

Wonder who Seguin takes the place of when/if Bergeron comes back.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:32 AM)
Man, Boston was thisclose to blowing that lead. TB had so many chances. They would have been in a huge hole.

Seguin showing why he was #2 overall.

Not to take anything away from the Lightning because they really brought it in the third but this is the second time this postseason the B's took a big lead into the third and mentally checked out. The other was Game 1 vs Philly where they lead 5-2 after two and they came out flat and Philly had plenty of chances to get back into it but couldnt get closer to 5-3 before Boston slammed the door in the final 5 minutes.

I'm curious on how much of Seguin's success right now is from him being fresh from not playing in the first two rounds of the postseason.