2010-2011 NHL thread

LOL at that game. That was Vokoun vs the clock the final two periods. Shots were 29-7 in that span.

Not too worried about the loss because they dominated the play. Had they looked crappy and played down to their level, it'd be a little worrisome. I know it's a loss to the Panthers, but not terribly concerned about it.*

*If they miss the playoffs by 1 or 2 points, FML.

Edited by IlliniKrush

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this game was pre winning streak, I'd probably be pissed off and worried, but now its just one of those games. Still in good position and playing well. I could only follow online, but damn, 39-15 shot advantage and Turco only faced 7 shots in two periods. Oh well, on to Tampa, hopefully get at least one there, pretty good team this year.

The Hawks have been taking periods off in most of their games even during the winning streak and getting away with it. Maybe a loss to a HORRIBLE opponent tonight (can't do that when you're on the playoff bubble fellas) will teach them the value of playing 60 minutes. This one hurts because I was expecting problems in Tampa tomorrow. If you win tonight, a loss at Tampa is no big deal. But now, a loss there is a bit of a problem if it happens.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
The Hawks have been taking periods off in most of their games even during the winning streak and getting away with it. Maybe a loss to a HORRIBLE opponent tonight (can't do that when you're on the playoff bubble fellas) will teach them the value of playing 60 minutes. This one hurts because I was expecting problems in Tampa tomorrow. If you win tonight, a loss at Tampa is no big deal. But now, a loss there is a bit of a problem if it happens.

Last night was a let down, pure and simple. They have to keep that playoff intensity every night.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RGnlVPpPI

These made me cry and cream myself at the same time.

Those are amazing. I really do like the way that edit of Wiedeman's call has become "the" call to get rid of the weirdness of having no idea that the Hawks just won the Cup.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 07:12 AM)
Last night was a let down, pure and simple. They have to keep that playoff intensity every night.

They let some crappy goals go in... but they also completely dominated play and had multiple chances to tie. It's the NHL, sometimes goaltenders steal one. Vokoun stole that one... and that's because he's a damn capable goaltender.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
They let some crappy goals go in... but they also completely dominated play and had multiple chances to tie. It's the NHL, sometimes goaltenders steal one. Vokoun stole that one... and that's because he's a damn capable goaltender.

Sure they did, after their really bad first period. Like I said they let down for the first period and it cost them. The playoffs are the same idea, except more intense.

Good to see the Hawks get a point after being down 3-1 to a good team. But I don't know if that St. Louis shootout goal should have counted. The puck has to keep moving forward and he definitely stopped and backed it up before he shot. Same thing with Stamkos, there's a reason Crawford was pointing to the ref just as it hit the post. Guess it's not reviewable though, oh well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Good to see the Hawks get a point after being down 3-1 to a good team. But I don't know if that St. Louis shootout goal should have counted. The puck has to keep moving forward and he definitely stopped and backed it up before he shot. Same thing with Stamkos, there's a reason Crawford was pointing to the ref just as it hit the post. Guess it's not reviewable though, oh well.

I thought the same thing, but even Eddie O was convinced it was a good goal, so I thought it was just me.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
But I don't know if that St. Louis shootout goal should have counted. The puck has to keep moving forward and he definitely stopped and backed it up before he shot.

That goal was still sick though. :P

Ugh, Detroit won, Calgary is winning, Nashville scored late to get to OT and win, Dallas obviously won. Worst possible outcomes and Bolland/Campbell are hurt. The chase for Detroit is back to a fight for a playoff spot. Game vs. Phoenix might be a must win.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 17, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Ugh, Detroit won, Calgary is winning, Nashville scored late to get to OT and win, Dallas obviously won. Worst possible outcomes and Bolland/Campbell are hurt.

At least the Kings lost. Probably the only thing that went the Hawks way.