2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
I'm not a capologist by any means, but here's what I come up with. They are at $53,414,670 with Huets contract. His $5.625 will not be on the books which puts them at $47,789,670 for the players below.

Kane, Patrick

Toews, Jonathan

Hossa, Marian

Sharp, Patrick

Bolland, Dave

Versteeg, Kris

Kopecky, Tomas

Reasoner, Marty

Brouwer, Troy

Campbell, Brian

Keith, Duncan

Seabrook, Brent

$11,610,330 under the cap. They need to sign Niemi and Hammer both with pay increases. Let's say their at 3 and 1.5 respectively. Ladd was at 1.6 lets say they bring him up to 2. If Crawford is the backup, he should stay at 800. That would leave them at $4,310,330 under the cap and they'll need 3 more forwards and 3 more defenseman. Pretty tight. Maybe they can get Ladd at 1.8.

Good resource for cap info. http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=11#

Thanks for the info, those numbers are about what i'd have guessed if you are indeed accurate (which I'd guess you are).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
I'm not a capologist by any means, but here's what I come up with. They are at $53,414,670 with Huets contract. His $5.625 will not be on the books which puts them at $47,789,670 for the players below.

Kane, Patrick

Toews, Jonathan

Hossa, Marian

Sharp, Patrick

Bolland, Dave

Versteeg, Kris

Kopecky, Tomas

Reasoner, Marty

Brouwer, Troy

Campbell, Brian

Keith, Duncan

Seabrook, Brent

$11,610,330 under the cap. They need to sign Niemi and Hammer both with pay increases. Let's say their at 3 and 1.5 respectively. Ladd was at 1.6 lets say they bring him up to 2. If Crawford is the backup, he should stay at 800. That would leave them at $4,310,330 under the cap and they'll need 3 more forwards and 3 more defenseman. Pretty tight. Maybe they can get Ladd at 1.8.

Good resource for cap info. http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=11#

I would guess that if they sign Hammer to a multi-year deal, it would be for at least $2-2.5 or so. If I am reading that website correctly, if they were to call up just Beach, Skille, & Dowell as forwards, Crawford as the backup G, and LaLonde and Hendry as blue liners, that would cost $5.2 alone. Yeah, someone else is gonna have to go. So long Versteegiak.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 01:41 AM)
Also, not sure this was reported in the thread or not, but Torchetti will be leaving the Hawks for the Predators as well. He'll be an assistant coach to Craig Ramsay. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325516

Damn. More IHL guys jumping in together with Dudley and Torch joining forces again.

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the Blackhawks are looking to move Kris Versteeg, Andrew Ladd and Brian Campbell to free up cap space. It's believed they've been offered a late first rounder and a prospect for Versteeg...

I doubt they find a taker.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
I doubt they find a taker.

I'd give up a first-round pick WITH Brian Campbell for someone to take his contract. He is a very good player Campbell and really improved defensively this year, but his contract is killing this team. If we could convince a team to take Campbell and adding a first rounder could help, it would probably mean we could keep Steeger and Ladd. As well, we are stacked with good defenseman prospects.

Patrick Kane was named to the NHL's first all-star team as their center, beating out Sidney Crosby.

It is quite an accomplishment for the 21-year-old pivot who finished the season with 30 goals and 88 points. Alex Ovechkin and Henrik Sedin joined Kane on the forward line with Mike Green and Duncan Keith on the blueline. Ryan Miller was named to the first team in net. The second team consists of Crosby, Martin St. Louis and Daniel Sedin up front, Drew Doughty and Nicklas Lidstrom on defense and Ilya Bryzgalov between the pipes.

I love the Hawks, and Kaner, but that's just dumb.

109 points vs 88, and Kane isn't even a centerman.

Little suprised they are still trying to move Campbell between Sopel gone and the unlikelihood there will be takers. I guess they figure they can find a suitable replacement at a lesser price for Campbell if they can dump him though, which makes sense. I still think Versteeg ends up being the guy to go though obviously.

And i'm with you Steve, Kaner as 1st team center over Crosby is bizarre.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:29 AM)
Little suprised they are still trying to move Campbell between Sopel gone and the unlikelihood there will be takers. I guess they figure they can find a suitable replacement at a lesser price for Campbell if they can dump him though, which makes sense. I still think Versteeg ends up being the guy to go though obviously.

And i'm with you Steve, Kaner as 1st team center over Crosby is bizarre.

I'm curious to how Simon Danis-Pepin will play into this season. His size is intriguing (6'7"), but I don't know if he's ready.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
I'd give up a first-round pick WITH Brian Campbell for someone to take his contract. He is a very good player Campbell and really improved defensively this year, but his contract is killing this team. If we could convince a team to take Campbell and adding a first rounder could help, it would probably mean we could keep Steeger and Ladd. As well, we are stacked with good defenseman prospects.

If you unload Soup and can bring on another D-man in trade or FA, then our cap issues are solved. I WOULD like another 1st round pick though.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
I'm curious to how Simon Danis-Pepin will play into this season. His size is intriguing (6'7"), but I don't know if he's ready.

They have another defense-man that was young and who is more farther along who the Hawks like as well. (I think his name is Connolly?)

Quickly going back to the trade with the Thrashers. This is a classic case of selling high. There is absolutely no way I would have thought the 'hawks could've gotten a 1st round pick for Big Buff. But with his big-timing the playoffs...that's just what Stan Bowman did. Great job...Buff is the hardest to replace, but they are all replaceable.

Versteeg should be next to go...he is Kane-light. I love him to death, but Ladd has a better all-around game than Steeger.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
Quickly going back to the trade with the Thrashers. This is a classic case of selling high. There is absolutely no way I would have thought the 'hawks could've gotten a 1st round pick for Big Buff. But with his big-timing the playoffs...that's just what Stan Bowman did. Great job...Buff is the hardest to replace, but they are all replaceable.

Versteeg should be next to go...he is Kane-light. I love him to death, but Ladd has a better all-around game than Steeger.

I get the feeling if the Modin kid is anywhere near advertised, Versteeg is already replaced.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
They have another defense-man that was young and who is more farther along who the Hawks like as well. (I think his name is Connolly?)

Hockeysfuture.com says Connelly is a puck mover. He sounds like the perfect guy to replace Campbell if he gets traded. Like others said earlier, defense is definitely an area the Hawks have a good young supply of. The only question is how close are they to being ready?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Another guy the Hawks have to simply keep is HJalmarsson...no way you let him go.

I think Tony said it best. He should be the first priority this off-season. Scotty Bowman loves the kid, so I think Stan and the Hawks are gonna do everything to keep him here.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)

Kyle Beach will be more than happy to step in and take over the exact physical, pain in the ass role that Buff played so well. You're all going to love this kid very, very soon.

With the Spokane Chiefs, of the WHL, Beach had 52 goals and 34 assists (86 points) in 68 games played. He also mucked it up with 186 fight and raucous-causing penalty minutes.

Hawks stuck his ass on the Ice Hogs for the playoffs where he tallied 3 goals in 4 games. He's going to be fun.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
I think Tony said it best. He should be the first priority this off-season. Scotty Bowman loves the kid, so I think Stan and the Hawks are gonna do everything to keep him here.

I've never been too worried about Hjalmarsson or Sharpie moving, the team seems to value them too much to do that, even with the cap hell sentence they're now serving.

Side note: I laugh out loud everytime I see your avatar thingy. :lolhitting

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
Kyle Beach will be more than happy to step in and take over the exact physical, pain in the ass role that Buff played so well. You're all going to love this kid very, very soon.

With the Spokane Chiefs, of the WHL, Beach had 52 goals and 34 assists (86 points) in 68 games played. He also mucked it up with 186 fight and raucous-causing penalty minutes.

Hawks stuck his ass on the Ice Hogs for the playoffs where he tallied 3 goals in 4 games. He's going to be fun.

The dissapointment in Buff by the front office was his point totals. The guy simply didnt become what they thought he could until they faced the Canucks in the playoffs. Beach is the guy they think could play that role coming next season. I would guess ALL of the young guys in the parade will be up with the team next year.

Hawks traded the 30th pick for the 35th and 58th. We now have 5 picks in the 2nd round. Pretty good for a deep draft.

I don't know a lot about Hayes, but I won't trash the guy like most ours. The Bowmans know what they're doing and I trust them. Sounds like he was a draft combine freak.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
The dissapointment in Buff by the front office was his point totals. The guy simply didnt become what they thought he could until they faced the Canucks in the playoffs. Beach is the guy they think could play that role coming next season. I would guess ALL of the young guys in the parade will be up with the team next year.

Even Toivonen?