Why must FOX continually pick Red Sox?

drowninginflame

QUOTE (drowninginflame @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
For two weekends in a row I've had to sit and watch both of their weekend series games while I watch the White Sox on the computer. Stupid national appeal.

They're America's team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
No one minds when TBS does it because then Extra innings and the local channels carries the game we'd like without blackouts.

Is there anyway of getting around the blackout and watch on mlb.tv for us out of towners? Usually living in Europe its no problem but now that I am in NY for a few days it is...let me know...thanks

yeah, MLBTV.COM should give a refund with how many blackout games they have, you can only get audio due to Fox blackout on Saturday afternoon games...dumb.

And they show the red sox because nationals/white sox would not get any ratings but they shouldn't blackout mlbtv.com

The thing that bugs me is...why does MLB want me watching Iron Chef America right now?

I'm spending $200 a year on the MLB Extra Innings package, I'm more than willing to be advertised to by their sponsors, I want to watch the game, and they tell me no.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Is there anyway of getting around the blackout and watch on mlb.tv for us out of towners? Usually living in Europe its no problem but now that I am in NY for a few days it is...let me know...thanks

Browse through a proxy server through your web browser and it will work.

QUOTE (drowninginflame @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
For two weekends in a row I've had to sit and watch both of their weekend series games while I watch the White Sox on the computer. Stupid national appeal.

ratings is why Fox and ESPN continue to pick the Yanks and BoSox. Simple as that

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 20, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
**** you ESPN.

They had "Peavy Sparkles" on their highlight list, and I wasn't able to watch yesterday.

Then, they showed Cards/A's and just deleted the Peavy Sparkles.

I hate not getting MLB Network.

I do get the MLB Network and watched the Strasburg/Floyd duel. I waas thinking of switching from cable to Dish Network but I don't see MLB on that service. I see a lot of regional sports broadcasting, but I would be worried about getting blacked out becasue of a major network like FOX screwing over the little guy

QUOTE (drowninginflame @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)

At least you can watch it on the computer. I really hate Fox broadcasts.