Sox vs Cubs 6-25 game thread 3:05 first pitch

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Yeah.

I despised Pierre and really hated Omar, but they have sort of won me over.

Obviously we could upgrade big time.

Curious who you'd rather have in LF. Pierre or Wise?

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
If Paulie is leading the AL in HRs at the break how can he possibly be left off the All Star team?

Morneau is hitting .349 with 15 home runs. Cabrera has goofy numbers too.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
I can't believe any Sox fan would have bad feelings about Wise.

He had arguably the best catch in franchise history.

It's because of outside of that, he was more or less a pile of suck.

He was an OK last man on the roster.

Why not hate daily on this year's last man on the roster, Lilly?

Wise did not deserve the booing. Wise was a decent last man on the roster. He had speed and made the best catch you will ever see to save a perfect game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
I can't believe any Sox fan would have bad feelings about Wise.

He had arguably the best catch in franchise history.

Wise was so awful, I couldn't stand him. Just because he made the greatest play in white sox history does not mean I have to pretend he was worth a damn outside of that play.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Konerko has to be on the team since Teixeira is still hitting like s***.

You can take 3 extra 1B.

considering the game will have the DH, an extra 1B can be considered the "reserve" DH.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
considering the game will have the DH, an extra 1B can be considered the "reserve" DH.

Basically, Vlad is the starting DH, and Konerko fits in as the 2nd one...but that's the only reason PK14 makes it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)

Wise did not deserve the booing. Wise was a decent last man on the roster. He had speed and made the best catch you will ever see to save a perfect game.

A guy having speed and one spectacular catch doesn't justify him being on the roster. He sucked. I don't like our fans booing our players, but it's not like he was good enough for it to be unfounded.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
If Paulie is leading the AL in HRs at the break how can he possibly be left off the All Star team?

I agree. But this has been an outstanding year for AL 1B. Tex has no business on the team this year. But you know Girardi is gonna take him. Morneau, Miggy and Youkilis are locks. PK is caught up in a numbers game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)

have you not realized people hate lillibridge?

A guy having speed and one spectacular catch doesn't justify him being on the roster. He sucked. I don't like our fans booing our players, but it's not like he was good enough for it to be unfounded.

Some would argue speed is a valuable tool for a sub. Also he was good on defense and he actually got some big hits for us. People forget them because they hate Wise.

He's better than Lilly who is last man on this year's roster. Let's hear the Lilly hate, please.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Because you just don't do it in baseball.

This is not a logical argument.

You lose the entire team as a manager. You become a clown.

I don't see how "you lose the entire team as manager." You are suggesting that now, for that but not for anything else he has done, Ozzie would be considered a clown?

The fourth inning is too early to make substitutions like that.

Why? Is the reasoning for this, "you just don't do it in baseball?"

It's like Kotsay and the team would say, "WTF, what did I do??"

And a good response would be, you have hit left-handed for your entire life. That's what you did. And by virtue of there being twice as many right handed pitchers as left handed, you have played way more than your performance warrants. We brought a legit prospect up and he's wasting away on the bench because we haven't seen many lefties. We won't see on in this series. Don't worry Kotsay, you will continue to get more playing time than you deserve until Kenny steps in an picks up a legitimate hitter. But Viciedo could use some at bats and all signs point to him being able to do more with them than you.

Again, I make all of these points as a logical exercise. I know Guillen is not going to make that move. It is a moot point. But I do not see any legitimate arguments as to why it is not a better option in the effort to win this game than keeping Kotsay in there.