Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Can someone tell me what the Orioles are trying to do as an organization? They suck year in and year out. Hudson on their team would be their #2 starter IMO. We should have been able to get a deal with them for Scott or Markakis.

We will get another bat to replace Kotsay / Jones.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Can someone tell me what the Orioles are trying to do as an organization? They suck year in and year out. Hudson on their team would be their #2 starter IMO. We should have been able to get a deal with them for Scott or Markakis.

Orioles have a ton of good pitching prospects/young pitchers in the majors. All of them are more highly regarded than Hudson (Tillman, Britton, Matusz, Arrieta)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
Orioles have a ton of good pitching prospects/young pitchers in the majors. All of them are more highly regarded than Hudson (Tillman, Britton, Matusz, Arrieta)

And Hudson would probably get killed in the AL East.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
And Hudson would probably get killed in the AL East.

I guess my opinion of Hudson is just more than outsiders... the only KNACK I have on Hudson is that his arm slot is high maintenance. His ball can flatten out if he isn't hitting his ideal spot. I honestly felt Hudson was our best realized starting pitching prospect since Garland (not to be confused with a "potential" prospect... i hate that term. I always think either you have it or you don't).

Wow I am negative today. Sorry guys.

It really just comes down to that I wanted an impact hitter AND still have 5 MLB starters on the team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Ah crap.

Looks like we're not getting anything then.

KW is going to try again today, apparently.

I thought there were questions as to how soon Manny would come back and if he'd even be back in time for a big push, though.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:14 AM)
bowden:

Confirmed....3 Teams are still "in" on Adam Dunn: Detroit, Chicago WS and Tampa Bay....50/50 he's moved....Confirmed

Sue seems like Washington is doing a ton of "negotiating" through the press (such as including Detroit in the latest rumor). I think he's a member of the Whitesox later today. Washington will budge.

QUOTE (SoxnGiants @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
Sue seems like Washington is doing a ton of "negotiating" through the press (such as including Detroit in the latest rumor). I think he's a member of the Whitesox later today. Washington will budge.

Rizzo is like a door knob - that is dumb.

QUOTE (SoxnGiants @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)

JimBowdenXMFOX Giants are NOT involved in Dunn....just CWS, TB and DET.....CWS inquired about Manny Ramirez as alternative...Dodgers seriously considering