Viciedo...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
But will he be kind of a Mark Reynolds all or nothing player? Can he hit maybe .250? He definitely won't walk.

He makes enough contact to hit well above .250. Don't think you can compare him to Reynolds at all. Viciedo will probably have less power, they're opposite with walks and Viciedo doesn't strike out even close to as much.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 01:40 AM)
Who is running the pool for his first base on balls? I'm thinking September.

I know people don't like the fact that he doesnt walk, but he's only struck out 4 times in his first 40 major league at bats. As a 21 year old. So just keep that in mind.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Tank with a huge bomb today about 4 rows short of the concourse in LF . Estimated distance about 435-450 feet.

It looked like he struck it well off the bat, maybe enough to get into the first 3-4 rows. When I actually saw it fly that far up, I was amazed.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
It looked like he struck it well off the bat, maybe enough to get into the first 3-4 rows. When I actually saw it fly that far up, I was amazed.

Amazingly, I do not think he even hit it with everything he had...the wind did help,but I think he will put one on the pavilion before he is done with the Sox.

I love what I see so far from this young man. Better fitness than advertised,soft hands, cannon arm, makes contact,and when he stripes it...like that line drive in the gap...the ball comes off his bat in a special way. He could end up being a complete stud for a decade on the south side...please do not trade him,kenny!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
It was 435 ft, and good for out 3rd furthest of the Season. Quentin owns the 2nd longest, and Kotsay somehow has the furthest.

Carlos HR on saturday was farther than Kotsays. At least thats what the board said after the HR. Did they change it on Sunday?

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
You trade viciedo if you are getting something special in return, such as Prince Fielder

We can't afford Fielder. And what if Viciedo turns out to be able to hit like Miguel Cabrera, or even 80% of Cabrera? He won't have been worth trading for Fielder. Sox need some cheap stars, like TCQ, to keep the payroll from going off the charts.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
We can't afford Fielder. And what if Viciedo turns out to be able to hit like Miguel Cabrera, or even 80% of Cabrera? He won't have been worth trading for Fielder. Sox need some cheap stars, like TCQ, to keep the payroll from going off the charts.

Wow. Might as well as just said Albert Pujols there. I am hoping he can be the AL version of Pablo Sandoval.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
He hits the ball extremely hard.

320aa6378aeddc3d07862784abb4a024-getty-9

I wanna see that kinda stuff for the next decade.

I love this kid - he may end up being my next Frank Thomas. =)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
Wow. Might as well as just said Albert Pujols there. I am hoping he can be the AL version of Pablo Sandoval.

I think that Viciedo has the potential to be a Miguel Caberra type hitter SLG wise - but down a bit on the OPS / AVE.