White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
Canseco made it pretty clear in his book how well steroids improved his ability to see the ball. Manny is insanely talented, but steroids take stars and superstars to even higher levels.

I thought it was HGH that improved vision?

Secondly, if you are admitting he is insanely talented, I don't really care to argue with you anymore. We're not really arguing different points.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
Personally, I would have done them....money is money. And you can't fall behind everyone else. I get it. I still say that this era is so f***ing tainted by these f***s.

As long as you're not using while posting.

tonyho7476's posts have become robust and plentiful over the past few weeks. SoxTalk officials sent him for testing. Stay tuned.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
I thought it was HGH that improved vision?

Secondly, if you are admitting he is insanely talented, I don't really care to argue with you anymore. We're not really arguing different points.

HGH didn't exist when Canseco was breaking into the league. He was struggling, spent an off-season doing s***, and then came back in Spring and opened up everyone's eyes. He specificallys says how well he was able to see the ball once he started them.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
As long as you're not using while posting.

tonyho7476's posts have become robust and plentiful over the past few weeks. SoxTalk officials sent him for testing. Stay tuned.

:lolhitting

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
what team should we worry about claiming manny?

Basically NL teams. The Sox are the AL team with the worst record of any that are still in the race. Someone like Detroit might just to spite us, but $4 million is a lot of money for spite. No one in the West will. Toronto won't.

I can potentially still see the Giants or the Braves rolling the dice on him. He can't possibly be worse than Jose Guillen for the Giants, for example.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
that is pretty funny. but if you look at the Twins, they just outslug everyone to death with decent pitching here and there. Maybe we can go back to that route.

That's why they are one and done in Oct. The Sox always tried to outslug everyone this decade. The Twins score a lot of runs but they are like 15th in team HRs. They don't really outslug anyone but they seem to do well hitting with guys on.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Basically NL teams. The Sox are the AL team with the worst record of any that are still in the race. Someone like Detroit might just to spite us, but $4 million is a lot of money for spite. No one in the West will. Toronto won't.

I can potentially still see the Giants or the Braves rolling the dice on him. He can't possibly be worse than Jose Guillen for the Giants, for example.

I agree...with the only problem for an NL team claiming him is that they have to put him the OF daily. Not sure how wise it is to have a butcher out there in a pennant stretch. Flipside...if the NL team has the horses to hide him in the OF and make it to the WS...you get yourself a nice DH for the AL away games.

Yeah, as public as the White Sox interest has been, I'd be surprised to see Manny clear NL waivers.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
what team should we worry about claiming manny?

You're just looking at NL teams, unless one of the Angels or Athletics thinks they are close enough to justify adding him. You have to figure that a team not in the race will not claim him, the Padres won't as they are built around their pitching and defense and the other 5 NL teams really have their outfields full, though I could see the Braves considering it. Other than that, no one, unless Detroit really doesn't want the Sox to get him (and even they probably don't have room for him).

QUOTE (RudyLawRules @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
I agree...with the only problem for an NL team claiming him is that they have to put him the OF daily. Not sure how wise it is to have a butcher out there in a pennant stretch. Flipside...if the NL team has the horses to hide him in the OF and make it to the WS...you get yourself a nice DH for the AL away games.

Like I said about the Giants...they already have butchers out there in the OF, and they're butchers with worse bats.

Detroit just tried giving away Damon. They can't be looking to add Ramirez