threets to dl

chisox2334

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
Hah...knew someone was going to magically come down with some ailment...was just hoping it would be Kots...

Definitely sounds fishy. I don't understand the rush to promote Sale when Threets has done everything asked him. The only thing I can think of is that Threets, despite being a lefty, doesn't get lefties out at a great rate (this year at least and granted the sample size is small). They are batting .364 against him with a .825 OPS, righties on the other hand .190/.372. I know Sale might have something in his contract, but why not just wait til September since I don't think his contract would stipulate him being called up in August?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
Definitely sounds fishy. I don't understand the rush to promote Sale when Threets has done everything asked him. The only thing I can think of is that Threets, despite being a lefty, doesn't get lefties out at a great rate (this year at least and granted the sample size is small). They are batting .364 against him with a .825 OPS, righties on the other hand .190/.372. I know Sale might have something in his contract, but why not just wait til September.

Carlos Torres. He was scratched from his start today in Charlotte.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
I think that Kenny just refuses to allow Ozzie to send Viciedo down.

Good! You know what might make it an even bigger issue is Mike Rizzo going on all the Chicago sports radio shows yesterday to basically say Viciedo was the reason the Dunn trade wasn't completed. It would look bad for Sox to demote him now. BTW, did anyone else hear Rizzo say that Sox finished 3rd in the Dunn race?

This sounds about as legitimate as the Padres sending Mat Latos to the DL right after the all-star break after he "strained his oblique holding in a sneeze," right after they announced they planned on substantially pushing back his next start.. Fishy DL business, but I'm ok with it if it helps the Sox win or keep some guys in the show.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
If Threets is somehow able to stay on the DL until rosters expand in September (I know that's a long time and unlikely), he and Sale would both be eligible for the playoff roster correct?

I believe you are correct.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
If Threets is somehow able to stay on the DL until rosters expand in September (I know that's a long time and unlikely), he and Sale would both be eligible for the playoff roster correct?

Yes, although I don't think we'd carry 3 lefties in the pen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
I believe you are correct.

Thanks!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Yes, although I don't think we'd carry 3 lefties in the pen.

I'm not suggesting carrying 3 lefties in the pen for the playoffs, rather pointing out keeping Threets on the DL for the rest of the month gives the team all of September to decide who the better option is for the postseason. Otherwise, you got to make the call by the end of the month.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
I'm not suggesting carrying 3 lefties in the pen for the playoffs, rather pointing out keeping Threets on the DL for the rest of the month gives the team all of September to decide who the better option is for the postseason. Otherwise, you got to make the call by the end of the month.

True. Threets had been pitching pretty well too, so he's an option if Sale struggles.