Sox @ Orioles - Buehrle vs. Guthrie

Heads22

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
On a slider? I doubt it.

eh I was posting here and saw it out of the corner of my eye, I didn't see it was a slider. I saw the replay though after I wrote that.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
Jeremy Guthrie > White Sox. He's given up 4 runs total over his last 3 starts against us. Owned

Are you just trying to convince yourself that he owns the Sox for the rest of our existence? He has been good against us his past three starts but its not like we cant get to this guy forever because he has wrote a book on us. There are guys that have "owned" the Sox for whatever reason but Guthrie is not in that group.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Because we need 2 here and not 1, probably.

Since its almost automatic that he'd be safe and with Vizquel, pretty much a singles hitter at bat, it doesn't hurt to take them when you can get them. One run is better than none.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Are you just trying to convince yourself that he owns the Sox for the rest of our existence? He has been good against us his past three starts but its not like we cant get to this guy forever because he has wrote a book on us. There are guys the have "owned" the Sox for whatever reason but Guthrie is not in that group.

I'm looking at what he's done lately and he's owned our offense. I even gave stats that back up my claim, whereas you're just posting your opinions.

Lately we have had a s***load of problems with righthanded power pitchers who can throw sliders. Guthrie owning us lately isn't a shocker, given that his two primary pitches are mid-90's fastball and a slider

Oh, and can someone pull Quentin to the side and ask him if he realizes he gets to two strikes faster than anyone else in the lineup

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Since its almost automatic that he'd be safe and with Vizquel, pretty much a singles hitter at bat, it doesn't hurt to take them when you can get them. One run is better than none.

Guthrie's move is too good. On his stolen base, a decent throw and he was out.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
I'm looking at what he's done lately and he's owned our offense. I even gave stats that back up my claim, whereas you're just posting your opinions.

Lately we have had a s***load of problems with righthanded power pitchers who can throw sliders. Guthrie owning us lately isn't a shocker, given that his two primary pitches are mid-90's fastball and a slider

Oh, and can someone pull Quentin to the side and ask him if he realizes he gets to two strikes faster than anyone else in the lineup

You did dig deep into the books with his last three games...

Okay, he OWNS us. It just sounds like something a 14 year old would jump to conclusion and say when someone has performed well against us. But hey, I say juvenile s*** all the time so who cares anyways.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)

Okay, he OWNS us. It just sounds like something a 14 year old would jump to conclusion and say when someone has performed well against us. But hey, I say juvenile s*** all the time so who cares anyways.

In the past, he dominated us with his fastball. His slider has been pretty damn good today. I can't believe no teams tried to get him at the deadline.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)

Well, he isn't in our division so when we face him it stands out more in my memory

Also, we make bad teams look good, and it pisses me off. Nice play Castro

Downward spiral right here. Buehrle getting laced with hits, Castro with s***ty defense allows a runner to advance, and a slow grounder scores the run putting this game further out of reach. Maybe Showalter will let Guthrie throw 130 pitches