Sox @ Orioles - Buehrle vs. Guthrie

Heads22

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Do you guys ever get tired of being negative?

Basically unbearable to read these threads every day.

Its 1 damn run in the 4th inning. You think Twins fans were jumping off a ledge down 4 to the Tribe and potentially losing 2 out of the last 3 from them?

We are just negative toward the fact the Sox decision to play rotating DH with two guys three years past their prime could very well cost us the division.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)

Its 1 damn run in the 4th inning. You think Twins fans were jumping off a ledge down 4 to the Tribe and potentially losing 2 out of the last 3 from them?

2 runs in 17 innings against the worst starting pitching staff on the planet (hyperbole yes) is worrisome. Marte blows an easy DP, and Twins have the lead.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)

It's the freakin' Orioles. This team has played like this in the past three games. Worse yet, they scored a total of 3 runs off of two guys who had 20 combined losses and an ERA over 6 in the first two games.

You tell me how we shouldn't be pissed off Mr. Happy happy joy joy.

It just gets really old. There is no going back in time and changing the decision, so you might as well either:

Today the DH is Konerko, so where is the beef about the "rotating DH".

I just have never seen a group of people who are so damn pessimistic. I generally dont even read these threads because I just cant stand the negativity.

If you dont believe the Sox can win this game and take the division, then what is the point of being a fan?

I cant see how Id enjoy complaining about my favorite team every day. They have problems, they arent perfect, but their my damn team and Im going to hope they win even if they had 9 Omar's out there.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
It just gets really old. There is no going back in time and changing the decision, so you might as well either:

I just have never seen a group of people who are so damn pessimistic. I generally dont even read these threads because I just cant stand the negativity.

If you dont believe the Sox can win this game and take the division, then what is the point of being a fan?

I cant see how Id enjoy complaining about my favorite team every day. They have problems, they arent perfect, but their my damn team and Im going to hope they win even if they had 9 Omar's out there.

Who said we didn't believe that they can?

The fact is that we devout three hours a day to this team and then they do stupid s*** that pisses us off or worries us.

If you can't see that then maybe you just don't care as much as we do.

Edited by chw42

I think the Sox have a much better pitching staff than the Twins.

And who cares how many runs they score the last X games as long as they are winning 2/3 of them?

The Sox have built a team on pitching, if you dont enjoy pitching, youre not going to enjoy this team. They arent going to score the most runs like the 2000 White Sox.

But then again, how far did the 2000 Sox go in the playoffs with that rotation?

It wasnt so long ago that White Sox fans would have killed to just have a competitive team.

lol what was that Pierre... held his glove up to some kid as if to give him that warning track ball he just caught, then takes it out and throws it back to Rios or whoever. Why not just give the kid the ball, damn

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)

You can be a realist and a fan. I think the Sox have a great shot to win the division, but if we play like this against Minnesota, they are gonna take at least 4/6. I don't think anyone is saying the Sox have no shot, but playing s*** baseball to s*** team doesn't help our chances.

As well our DH combo has a combined WAR of 0.1 (Kotsay = -0.7, Jones = 0.8), Thome at 1.6. With the division so close that decision to let Thome go in favor of the Jones/Kotsay will loom large.

didn't Kotsay pretty much win us a baseball game a few days ago? wtf am I reading.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
didn't Kotsay pretty much win us a baseball game a few days ago? wtf am I reading.

yeah, but the stats would suggest he has been instrumental in losing games this year too, more than winning. No doubt he was huge in that game, but the statistic is based on the entire season in which it's clear Kotsay has been more harm than good.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)

If you don't understand anything about WAR, then stop trying to knock it. Seriously.

Do your research.