Relax People

Chisoxfn

Yes, the Sox just had a rough week, but remember a couple weeks back when the Twins were the team sliding and the Sox were just blowing past everyone?

Well right now, the Sox aren't clicking on all cylinders? But that doesn't mean after 1 week everything is over. This team will need to regroup and get back on track and you know what, they will!

So take some deep breaths and realize the season is not over and that we have the joy of watching pennant baseball down the stretch of the season. I don't know if we win the division or not, but this race ain't over.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say one thing that seems different with this team than some other recent ones - they have more fight in them. They don't roll over in games nearly as often as others have, and then keep at it. That and their strength in pitching (despite recent struggles) means they will be in it to the end. Definitely not time to give up yet.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
We can't afford to be swept. So there is a must win in this series.

That's my whole outlook on this thing. I think we are right to react strongly right now. If we get swept (which with the way we are playing and they are playing is not out of the question), we are done. You aren't going to make up six games in 5 weeks that often. We already did it once, so I think we used up that card. I just can't relax knowing how many games we have thrown away recently because of bullpen implosions.

The Twins will hit a speed bump too and hopefully we run over them this week. The Sox are a good team and we got some good pitching over the weekend except for Sunday, but the offesne showed it weasn't going to just roll over. We still have a long ways to go in this season and we have proven we can come back from quite a far piece down in the standings.

I'MNOTGONNARELAXBECAUSETHEWHITESOXARESCREWINGUPWAYTOOMANYGAMES!!!THISISREALLYPISSINGMEOFFANDIT'SMAKINGMEYELLSOFASTTHATALLMYWORDSARESLURRINGTOGETHER!!!THESOXBETTERWINTODAYORMYTVISGONNABEAVICTIMTOMYBASEBALLBATANDI'MGONNAPULLMYHAIROUTANDFLIPOVERTHEKITCHENTABLE. >:-o >:-|

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
Yeah, there is a huge difference between 1/3 and 0/3. We get swept, and we are in deep trouble. We win only 1, that's still bad, but not catastrophic. Winning 2 of 3 would be fantastic.

4 GB against a team that has proven that they're better than us? This is a must win series.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
4 GB against a team that has proven that they're better than us? This is a must win series.

The reason you can get away with winning only one is simply the difference between 4 games out and 6 games out. 4 games in a little over 6 weeks of baseball can be made up, though it is difficult. 6 games back over the same time span with only 3 left against Minnesota and an arguably harder schedule is damn near impossible.

Obviously, winning 2 or 3 is preferred, but the Sox simply can't be swept.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
The reason you can get away with winning only one is simply the difference between 4 games out and 6 games out. 4 games in a little over 6 weeks of baseball can be made up, though it is difficult. 6 games back over the same time span with only 3 left against Minnesota and an arguably harder schedule is damn near impossible.

Obviously, winning 2 or 3 is preferred, but the Sox simply can't be swept.

It's not that it can't happen, but I really don't think this team is that good, and Minnesota is really good.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
It's not that it can't happen, but I really don't think this team is that good, and Minnesota is really good.

The White Sox weren't as good as they were when they went 25-5, and the Twins aren't as good as they are now that they're on a 17-4 streak.

I honestly don't think this team has it in them to win anymore than 3 games in a row for the rest of the season....

They had a hot streak and they just couldn't sustain it. It happens, it sucks, but it happens.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
I honestly don't think this team has it in them to win anymore than 3 games in a row for the rest of the season....

Really...you couldn't see D1, Floyd, Buehrle, and Jackson just saying screw it and reeling off 4 straight?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Really...you couldn't see D1, Floyd, Buehrle, and Jackson just saying screw it and reeling off 4 straight?

I don't.

There's equal chance any of the 4 of them could s*** the bed in any given start

I think the Sox will fall into the pattern of the past where they'll beat a crappy team 2 of 3 and not be able to capitalize and close out the sweep.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)

They had a hot streak and they just couldn't sustain it. It happens, it sucks, but it happens.

A team that put up a 25-5 run, and was sustained good for like 2 months, and you don't think they have it in them to win more than 3 straight again? How does that make sense? The only personnel changes since the big run started are Teahen (who is hitting again) for Viciedo, Jackson (who has been very good) for Hudson, and Sale (who looks darn good so far) for Threets. Do you think those moves somehow killed the Sox? If not, I fail to see your logic.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Yes, the Sox just had a rough week, but remember a couple weeks back when the Twins were the team sliding and the Sox were just blowing past everyone?

Well right now, the Sox aren't clicking on all cylinders? But that doesn't mean after 1 week everything is over. This team will need to regroup and get back on track and you know what, they will!

So take some deep breaths and realize the season is not over and that we have the joy of watching pennant baseball down the stretch of the season. I don't know if we win the division or not, but this race ain't over.

Your last paragraph is true today. If we get swept this week, which is a real possibility, the season is over. In a two week span we'd have gone from talking about acquiring a big bat in a trade to being done, with the smart move at that point playing Tank and Flowers every day the rest of the year. Six out is too many.

From a Twins' perspective, a sweep over us this week has them pushing for a special season record-wise.