What Should Be The Next Course of Action For Your White Sox?

chetkincaid

Is It Finally Time To Retaliate?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen?

• Yes. Time for a bench clearing brawl
    • No, but they should throw at the b**tards once or twice
    • No. They should just keep doing the best they can to win

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
Eh, I only saw one brief video of it, maybe I needed to see it from 10 angles. But it looked like he knew he was dead, and tried to do something about it.

Sure, but there's a limit to what a normal player might do vs what Delmon Young did, and it was certainly against the spirit of the game and along the lines of intentionally trying to injure a player. If AJ drops that ball a brawl probably takes place right there, furthering AJ's place in Twins lore.

Ozzie's the most vocal manager in the game, for better and mostly worse, and his head is in the f**kin sand when we go to MN or they come here, it's pitiful.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
That was a dirty play IMO. He didn't try to bowl over AJ to knock the ball out of the mitt so that he could score. He went nowhere near the plate and aggressively shoved AJ in the face. That's bush league.

You expect any better from a scumbag like Delmon Young?

If the White Sox really want to retaliate, they should just tell the Minneapolis cops about the unregistered gun and/or illegal drugs that he almost certainly has in his car.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
This is a message forum; I was expressing an opinion.

You have confidence that the White Sox will win the next two games, I take it. Is this, perhaps, setting up one of those "real fans" rants?

I have seen nothing from this team to indicate they are capable of doing what it takes to beat the Twins head to head, outside of a pure fluke.

I have very little confidence, actually. And you've never seen me go off on any sort of "real fan" rant, because that's just silly. I was laughing at the idea that anyone considers any two games in the future a "done deal". If you had said that last bolded part, I could understand it.

You have confidence that the White Sox will win the next two games, I take it. Is this, perhaps, setting up one of those "real fans" rants?

I have seen nothing from this team to indicate they are capable of doing what it takes to beat the Twins head to head, outside of a pure fluke.

I think the team showed me yesterday that they are more than capable of beating the Twins. Getting down 4-0 in the first, then coming back, tying it up in the 9th, taking a lead in the 10th. They lost because their best reliever threw one awful pitch. It happens.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
Eh, I only saw one brief video of it, maybe I needed to see it from 10 angles. But it looked like he knew he was dead, and tried to do something about it.

That's exactly what it was. It wasn't a force out play. Sure he shouldn't have done it (dirty or not, most people would just slow down to get tagged or slide to get under the tag) but it was legal.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
We should attack their minds. Maybe slip some LSD in their gatorade. Lets see Thome hit a homer off Thronton when Thome is seeing pink bunnies doing dances on the field.

f*** that, we don't need Liriano no-hitting us

You mean something like rallying from behind 2x in the same game?

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
I've seen a lot of evidence that this team can almost win a game against the Twins.

Great post. Tonight figures to the the blowout with Liriano rolling, then we'll almost win Game Three, but lose again and be six back and the naysayers can go on to the Bears full time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
Great post. Tonight figures to the the blowout with Liriano rolling, then we'll almost win Game Three, but lose again and be six back and the naysayers can go on to the Bears full time.

So tomorrow will be your last day posting in here since you're predicting we get swept?