This is the start...

hi8is

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
If the White Sox gain 1 game on the Twins in every 7 games they play, they will force a tie breaker. The key is they can not afford to go beyond 5 games back. The Twins are bound to come back to Earth eventually. Hopefully when they do, they will hit hard times kind of like how we did after our hot streak.

The fact of the matter is. Its not over yet. Not even close. Obviously if we can continue to play ball like this we are in BIG trouble. But I truly believe this team has one more serious run in them. Call me peter positive but this team seems to come back to life when they are on the verge of extinction. I think Kenny Williams is going to add to the pen AND add a significant bat to the lineup. He knows he has to at this point. All arrows are pointed toward Manny Ramirez. If that happens, it will be a lethal injection to a struggling lineup.

That doesn't sound good.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
The problem is that the Twins are having their run against AL teams whereas we did it against primarily NL teams. Just look at our division and league record. Can we all of a sudden turn that around? Maybe but it's not likely and we have no more NL teams on the schedule to beat up on.

In the defense of the Sox, their streak started against NL teams but did carry into an Al schedule. But, you're right that the Twins are having a more respectable streak. A team (the Sox) that play so poorly against their own division should not win the division. It they so somehow win the division it won't be because they beat up on the Twins, Tigers, Royals, and Indians.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
If the White Sox gain 1 game on the Twins in every 7 games they play, they will force a tie breaker. The key is they can not afford to go beyond 5 games back. The Twins are bound to come back to Earth eventually. Hopefully when they do, they will hit hard times kind of like how we did after our hot streak.

The fact of the matter is. Its not over yet. Not even close. Obviously if we can continue to play ball like this we are in BIG trouble. But I truly believe this team has one more serious run in them. Call me peter positive but this team seems to come back to life when they are on the verge of extinction. I think Kenny Williams is going to add to the pen AND add a significant bat to the lineup. He knows he has to at this point. All arrows are pointed toward Manny Ramirez. If that happens, it will be a lethal injection to a struggling lineup.

Isn't Manny hurt?

I don't know why, but I'd just stay away from that guy. I guess he could be rejuvenated again, but he seems too Jose Guillen-ish to me. He seems to be a headcase of the first degree.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
In the defense of the Sox, their streak started against NL teams but did carry into an Al schedule. But, you're right that the Twins are having a more respectable streak. A team (the Sox) that play so poorly against their own division should not win the division. It they so somehow win the division it won't be because they beat up on the Twins, Tigers, Royals, and Indians.

I was expecting the Sox to lay down against those really bad NL teams since they do play down to the level of competition.

The key to winning any division is to beat the teams you are suppose to. If there's a team that always has your number, win as many games from other teams so that isn't a big factor.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
Minny has 4 at Texas, I see them going 2/4. Sox sweep and we make up 1.5 ?

Twins lose 3 of 4 vs. Texas, Sox win 2 of 3 vs. O's. We go into weekend series against yankmees 3 games back in the loss column. Sox win 2 of 3 vs. NYC, Twins lose 2 of 3 vs. Seattle. Sox go into CLE 2 games back in loss column.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
Twins lose 3 of 4 vs. Texas, Sox win 2 of 3 vs. O's. We go into weekend series against yankmees 3 games back in the loss column. Sox win 2 of 3 vs. NYC, Twins lose 2 of 3 vs. Seattle. Sox go into CLE 2 games back in loss column.

i'll eat some asshole if the twins lose 2 of 3 against seattle.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
The White Sox are probably looking at 3-3 in the next 6 games (2-1 vs Baltimore, 1-2 vs NY), but that's an optimistic viewpoint given the struggles of the bullpen to hold any lead, and the lack of clutch hitting.

We beat NYY 3 of 4 at the Cell last year. Maybe the Yankees spend too much time sampling the night life on Rush Street when they come to Chicago - that's one element of our home field advantage.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
i'll eat some asshole if the twins lose 2 of 3 against seattle.

Between now and October 3, we need to make up 2 games versus the Twins if we sweep them at the Cell in September, or 4 games if we take 2 of 3. It's that straightforward, and eminently doable if we play a little bit better. If we played a little bit better over the past 6 game roadtrip, we'd be in first place right now. Things can turn around quickly.