8/28 Gamethread - Danks v. Yank$;

clyons

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
He's a 2/3 that's going to want to get paid like an ace. And the Sox will rightfully say good riddance.

You do have to wonder what it is that gets him going on nights like tonight.

It's not just that he's given up 2 home runs...both of them were right after a walk, and both of the walks were after he'd gone 0-2 on the guy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 11:47 PM)
Against Captain Cheeseburger? I'm surprised to read that from you.

I've seen enough good hitting from the Sox at the Cell to have confidence we'll have our fair share of base runners. Of course one big issue vs Yankees is it's an 8 inning game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
I've seen enough good hitting from the Sox at the Cell to have confidence we'll have our fair share of base runners. Of course one big issue vs Yankees is it's an 8 inning game.

How about a 6-1 deficit against CC?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
What the hell? Three two run homers now...

The sad thing is, I'd actually just finished typing a post saying that Johnny had thrown some solid pitches this game...those first 2 pitches to Thames were really, really good. He's struck out a ton of guys already, but the mistake pitches...the walks...ugh...there's got to be a mental/focus thing here.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
Should have traded him for Adrian Gonzalez back in March. Hindsight being 20/20 and all.

I don't think we'd even be in this race if we'd done that and started the season with Hudson as starter #5.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
The sad thing is, I'd actually just finished typing a post saying that Johnny had thrown some solid pitches this game...those first 2 pitches to Thames were really, really good. He's struck out a ton of guys already, but the mistake pitches...the walks...ugh...there's got to be a mental/focus thing here.

Yeah, he's had the put-away pitch, but he's been f***ing around after getting ahead and made three really bad pitches. It's just one of those starts I guess.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
Should have traded him for Adrian Gonzalez back in March. Hindsight being 20/20 and all.

My god people, it's one start. Danks is a very good pitcher.