8/28 Gamethread - Danks v. Yank$;

clyons

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Throw him some low sliders out of the strike zone, he's lost in space.

When Frank and Mags were here, he batted 6th - where he belongs.

Yeah, he sucks as a cleanup hitter

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Throw him some low sliders out of the strike zone, he's lost in space.

When Frank and Mags were here, he batted 6th - where he belongs.

There was also a lot of right handed power with Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, and Lee for a few years. Even Crede can be added to it.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
There was also a lot of right handed power with Thomas, Ordonez, Konerko, and Lee for a few years. Even Crede can be added to it.

I'll bet PK14 has the best overall numbers out of all of them since the start of 2004.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
I was referring to him saying no pitcher on this team is dominant. Jackson, is dominating.

There's a reason you were called on it. He's dominating right now...that doesn't mean he's a dominant pitcher full-time (yet). Gavin Floyd was absolutely dominating in June the last 2 years, but that doesn't offset his aprils.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
I'll bet PK14 has the best overall numbers out of all of them since the start of 2004.

lol yes don't throw in his horrible 2003 year, that was a headache of a year if I ever remember. not that hard with Thomas and Crede. Ordonez has been injured too. Lee would be the only one within distance.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
Tony Pena is horrible. I want that trade back.

Brandon Allen isn't exactly selling people hard on him at AAA this year. Tons of HR, good number of walks but 93 strikeouts in 350 at-bats as a 24 year old in AAA.

(Not that I'm defending Pena).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
There's a reason you were called on it. He's dominating right now...that doesn't mean he's a dominant pitcher full-time (yet). Gavin Floyd was absolutely dominating in June the last 2 years, but that doesn't offset his aprils.

Edwin Jackson has never had a bad outing for this team. Until he does, he is every bit of a "dominating" pitcher for us.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Edwin Jackson has never had a bad outing for this team. Until he does, he is every bit of a "dominating" pitcher for us.

That's as useless of a definition of a dominant pitcher as you could ever come up with.