8/28 Gamethread - Danks v. Yank$;

clyons

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
Have yourself a game Andruw! I think I am the only one still watching, but when I finally get a game on TV here at school, I am going to watch it all the way!

It's like he thinks he's facing Javier Vazquez or something.

The mere presence of Javy anywhere near him will make him exponentially better.

Edited by chw42

I'm praying Sale doesn't blow out his arm something with the way our bullpen has been falling like flies.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Meh, hard to not be satisfied with what Pierre has done this year.

More or less just cause he's younger and his OBP is much higher, not to mention Pierre's OBP has been inflated by nearly doubling his HBP this season. Won't complain about Juan however. He's really come on.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

Alexei and Rios are trying to f*** up my PTC win. :P

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
It's funny, in my head I went "There ya go Alexei and Rios! Only 4 more runs!" and then I thought "Oh wait, they still have Rivera in the bullpen..."

And he still scares the s*** out of me. Even if we get this thing to one run, I still feel we will lose when he comes on.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
It's funny, in my head I went "There ya go Alexei and Rios! Only 4 more runs!" and then I thought "Oh wait, they still have Rivera in the bullpen..."

Same here. The old man is only having like the best season of his entire career too.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
I would've really liked our chances if you told me we were going to score 8 runs tonight. Our offense has been terrific the last two weeks.

Thats how it always happens. Your bullpen is unhittable but your starters and offense cant get it to the bullpen. Then your starters get hot and your offense forgets how to hit the ball. Finally, your offense starts smoking the ball and your starters struggle while half your bullpen arms just fall off. Thats why we all love baseball.

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
for all the carlos quentin lovers...he sucks in the last 2 years.

This year, at least for me, was going to determine who the real CQ is. Other than that crazy 3 week stretch, he's been one of the worst everyday RFs in baseball. Think the Reds would do CQ for Jay Bruce? One can dream.