Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
It was a hit and run.

If you watch the replay Pierre even thinks about swinging at the pitch out.

And ordinarily it would have been a good baseball play. Cleveland somehow read it and pitched out.

That's just baseball. The complaining about good, aggressive baseball in here is hilarious.

Yea, it sucks they nailed Teahen, but it's still good baseball more often than not.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:03 AM)
Damnit. I actually don't mind running there, but Indians nailed Ozzie....did they pick our sign?

Might be time to switch signs, cause Royals seemingly called pitch out every time we tried something. Either that, or stop doing a hit-and-run on the 1-1 count.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
hahaha Quentin couldnt hit a beach ball if it was pitched to him right now

Well if the coach loses the locker room it don't matter either. If I was Carlos there and they pinch hit me for that moron Ramirez, I'd lose it.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:05 AM)
And ordinarily it would have been a good baseball play. Cleveland somehow read it and pitched out.

That's just baseball. The complaining about good, aggressive baseball in here is hilarious.

Yea, it sucks they nailed Teahen, but it's still good baseball more often than not.

Problem is it's not always good, aggressive baseball. Too often, it's careless. The league is on to Ozzieball, and that's why you see a huge plummet in our stolen base percentage the last few months.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Might be time to switch signs, cause Royals seemingly called pitch out every time we tried something. Either that, or stop doing a hit-and-run on the 1-1 count.

No question about that. A good aggressive baseball decision doesn't mean crap if other teams are reading your signs.

Why do people keep knocking Manny?

Ozzie decided not to play him, and its not unusual that a player who flies to a new club is only available for PH that day.

Do people just want to be negative about Manny?

Because I assure you he will do something to actually piss people off, but today is not one of them.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)

Ozzie decided not to play him, and its not unusual that a player who flies to a new club is only available for PH that day.

Because I assure you he will do something to actually piss people off, but today is not one of them.

I couldn't agree more, and it's not like he told Ozzie he didn't want to play.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)

Ummm, yah he already did piss people off today. And I just think it's the wrong move to pinch hit long time hard working Sock in Quentin, with goof off that no one respects.