White Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
Two more years of Mark Teahen left to go. Oy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 02:40 AM)
Unlike the last decade though, I don't feel bad about losing out to the Twins. In the past, the Sox were the more talented team. This year, that's not even close to being the case. They're 25 games over .500 without Nathan all season and without Morneau for almost 3 months. You tip your cap to them if they end the season with 95+ wins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 02:41 AM)
If it makes you feel better, Ozzie hates him.

Things always look bad when we get blown out, but...

Torres is just another guy who now has to make a living doing something else. Hope he got his degree. Awful pitcher.

Man, Harrell's line is ugly tonight. Wow.

The Royals are laughably bad. However they beat us their fair share of times. Minnie, of course, is mopping up on them.

I just hope if we don't miraculously catch them that the Twins finally win it all.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Things always look bad when we get blown out, but...

Torres is just another guy who now has to make a living doing something else. Hope he got his degree. Awful pitcher.

Man, Harrell's line is ugly tonight. Wow.

The Royals are laughably bad. However they beat us their fair share of times. Minnie, of course, is mopping up on them.

I just hope if we don't miraculously catch them that the Twins finally win it all.

I don't. I need something to lord over my Twinkie fan pals and their quick exits are perfect ammo.

I do think they'll win a postseason game this year, at least.

QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Give it up for Infante, who looks like mini-Pena

He was just called up from AA and made his ML debut (which I happened to miss cause I fell asleep when Torres was getting rocked). Give him a break.

I meant it as a compliment, believe it or not. 95+ mph fastball, good movement, he threw at least one sick offspeed pitch in the inning. He has probably the best stuff of any of our minor league pen guys. He could eventually be a Pena replacement after Tony is non-tendered this offseason.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
This season so far would make it silly to give up until we are mathematically eliminated. I'm in for the duration.

But tonight's "losing ugly" flashback to early June is distressing. The only way to lose at this time of year is to get beat straight up. Even a one run heartbreaker gives you something to build on. Nobody showed up up tonight.

The good news is we own KC this year....

8-7 against KC is owning them?

I'll have more of whatever you had for breakfast.

QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
I meant it as a compliment, believe it or not. 95+ mph fastball, good movement, he threw at least one sick offspeed pitch in the inning. He has probably the best stuff of any of our minor league pen guys. He could eventually be a Pena replacement after Tony is non-tendered this offseason.

Right now, we already have to replace Jenks and probably Putz.

It's doubtful Pena will be non-tendered because it makes the Allen trade look pretty awful for KW. Maybe?

Just depends on what's available/affordable on the FA market.

If you subtract Sale from the bullpen, and Pena, where are we going to fill FOUR slots?

I don't know that we have one minor league reliever you could actually depend upon. And that would leave only Linebrink and Thornton. Not good.

They could, and may still, non-tender Pena and try to sign him for cheap. He isn't worth what he's being paid now, let along what he will make next year. Maybe they NT him and put that money toward resigning Putz?

Kenny has some big bullpen questions to resolve.