White Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
I was wondering why the Sox were making so many comments about Manny's lack of power. Everyone in baseball knew that he had turned into a different type of hitter once he got off the PEDs.

I don't care if the guy never hits a home run. The approach he takes, the counts he runs, and the way he makes a pitcher work -- and the fact that he had hits in about half his at-bats -- that was all good stuff to me.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
viciedo looks to be the only real hitter out of the last 3 i think. morel and flowers i think will be bad.

Morel looked beyond brutal during Spring Training, but his swing looked a little better in that AB (despite the 2nd pitch). Flowers is pretty much awful...it would be a real surprise if he ever did anything in the majors. I don't exactly view Walker as the Don Cooper type where he can get a lot out of an underachieving mega-talent.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Thanks for your expert analysis based off of 1 AB, bro.

easy guy. he looks like he has a real presence at the plate. not off of the 1 AB. he is aggressive, goes the other way. he will be the best hitter of those 3.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
easy guy. he looks like he has a real presence at the plate. not off of the 1 AB. he is aggressive, goes the other way. he will be the best hitter of those 3.

Again, you based this off of 1 AB.

All I want to say is that we have won 7 of 8 on this road trip and during that time the Twins have been playing at home where they have a great record...it s gonna be their turn to go on the the road and they are basically a .500 team, we have a legit chance at catching them, they will lose their fair share of games.

Last 22 games the Twinks play 10 at home and 12 on the road while the Sox have 16 at home and 6 on the road, that is huge.

Let s get the next 2 games in Detroit...

BTW, I just have a gut feeling we will sweep Minny at the Cell and this race will come down to the last week, Twins just cannot keep this pace, especially considering they ll have more road games than home games.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 02:13 AM)
All I want to say is that we have won 7 of 8 on this road trip and during that time the Twins have been playing at home where they have a great record...it s gonna be their turn to go on the the road and they are basically a .500 team, we have a legit chance at catching them, they will lose their fair share of games.

Last 22 games the Twinks play 10 at home and 12 on the road while the Sox have 16 at home and 6 on the road, that is huge.

Let s get the next 2 games in Detroit...

BTW, I just have a gut feeling we will sweep Minny at the Cell and this race will come down to the last week, Twins just cannot keep this pace, especially considering they ll have more road games than home games.

We won 7 in a row on the road and now lost one to the Tigers and their best pitcher. Minny has the easiest schedule left of the two teams but we can still pull it out. Your right win the next two at Detroit and pound them at Comiskey Cell. Hopefully our offense and soe other guys show up to play tomorrow

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
I'm hoping the Sox are within 2/2.5 games by the start of that series. The Twins aren't going undefeated the rest of the way even with that easy schedule.

No way the Twins go undefeated the rest of the season. If the Sox give a couple more games away with unearned runs, running the table will be our only hope. The math is starting to look ugly. Not to mention the injuries.

At least three of these road wins were gifts that we took advantage of. Tonight we handed Detroit the game tied up in a bow.

Paulie must play, Teahan and Kotsay must not. Bad juju.

Take a chance on one or two of the call ups.

Edited by 11and1

I don't think it's out of the question that the Sox go 4-1 and the Twins go 2-2 before they play each other. If that happens, the Sox will be 3 out going into the Twins series. 2 of 3 cuts it to a 2 game lead with 16 left. And then anything can happen after that. So, I'm not giving up on them.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
I don't think it's out of the question that the Sox go 4-1 and the Twins go 2-2 before they play each other. If that happens, the Sox will be 3 out going into the Twins series. 2 of 3 cuts it to a 2 game lead with 16 left. And then anything can happen after that. So, I'm not giving up on them.

This season so far would make it silly to give up until we are mathematically eliminated. I'm in for the duration.

But tonight's "losing ugly" flashback to early June is distressing. The only way to lose at this time of year is to get beat straight up. Even a one run heartbreaker gives you something to build on. Nobody showed up up tonight.

The good news is we own KC this year....

Eh, other team's best starter, our worst/injured/AAAA guys can't contain the Tigers. It's expected to lose sometimes.

Danks and Floyd go next, and give us better odds. I'd think 4.5 or 5.5 back going into the Twins series.

Give it up for Infante, who looks like mini-Pena, and Dayan on drawing his first walk. Keep reaching for that brass ring son. Dreams do come true.