Game Thread! 9/9/10 Sox @ Tigers

hogan873

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
The Sox went on a 10 game road trip while the Twins played 9 at home. If after this trip the end result is a loss of .5 game and going 8-2 you can not ask for anything more.

If the Twins play .900 ball all you can do is laugh and hope the Sox finish strong. My silver lining is I think thsi team will be really good next year.

I hope they can get a .5 game today and one over the weekend and g ofrom there. The Twins are great at home but can be beat on the road.....let's hope so.

Seriously.

As frustrating as it may be, if we go 8-2 on a 10 game road trip that takes us through Detroit and Boston and still manage to lose ground in the division, you just have to tip your cap. Hard to get too angry at the Sox for playing .800 ball on the road.

That said, I agree we need this game and then to make up one game next series. If we can go into the Twins series 4 back, then anything is possible. Although a sweep would be quite a feat, it is not out of question and then to be 1 game back with 2 weeks to go anything can happen.

Last night's game was so frustrating. It seemed like after Teahen's second error, all the fight went out of the team.

That being said, finishing 8-2 on this road trip would be great. Being 5 games out is daunting, but you have to figure the Twins will lose a game or two soon.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Seriously.

As frustrating as it may be, if we go 8-2 on a 10 game road trip that takes us through Detroit and Boston and still manage to lose ground in the division, you just have to tip your cap. Hard to get too angry at the Sox for playing .800 ball on the road.

That said, I agree we need this game and then to make up one game next series. If we can go into the Twins series 4 back, then anything is possible. Although a sweep would be quite a feat, it is not out of question and then to be 1 game back with 2 weeks to go anything can happen.

I thought this team would only win about 75 games this year. I haven't gotten too upset over this season since they exceeded my expectations. It's been awhile since the Sox have put together nice winning streaks. They dug too deep of a hole to crawl out of when the season started.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
I thought this team would only win about 75 games this year. I haven't gotten too upset over this season since they exceeded my expectations. It's been awhile since the Sox have put together nice winning streaks. They dug too deep of a hole to crawl out of when the season started.

The first few weeks of the season were bad I think they were soemthing like 5-14 after that they played .500 ball for a few more weeks and then got red hot.

The part of the season that is frustrating was the month of August as they seemed to loss too many games that they shoudl not have. They overcame the poor early start.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
This team looks completely dead. All of our pitchers seem to have hit the wall as well, as everyone's velocity has been down. Sale needs to be shut down for season if we are 6 or 7 out after Twins series.

He threw 144 innings last year and is at about 130 for this year if I heard a Cooper interview on teh SCORE correctly last week.