Game Thread! 9/9/10 Sox @ Tigers

hogan873

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
I think Quentin has more errors since the ASB than home runs.

Carlos is horrible in the field, but give me a break...you get throws like that all the time from the OF as an infielder, especially at 3B. Knock the thing down without booting it 15 feet away.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Carlos is horrible in the field, but give me a break...you get throws like that all the time from the OF as an infielder, especially at 3B. Knock the thing down without booting it 15 feet away.

True, but errors usually even out for outfielders.

I think Alexei probably got blasted for that play a few weeks ago where he went home on a ball he had no chance of getting the runner on. Twice in this inning he had a probably easy play of getting the lead runner and he instead lobbed the ball to 1b without even thinking about it.

• Hawk 1

Gavin's stuff looks awful today. Anyone else notice his fastball is in the 89-90MPH zone instead of the 92-93 he usually hits. A lot of his pitches are up or float through the zone. He doesnt have it today its freaking obvious, unless the sox are scoring 6+ runs this one is in the bag. Are the innings starting to pile up on our pitchers, breaking down a little bit in Sept?