Game Thread! 9/9/10 Sox @ Tigers

hogan873

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
Who knows. The Twins could get swept this weekend. I've seen weirder things in my life.

I'm going to go on a limb here and say that wont happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to cheer them on until the ship sinks, but its time we start thinking about 2011. :(

The series against the Twins is a must sweep now. Unless the Sox pull a Colorado over these next 19 games, this division race is pretty much over. If I'm the Twins, I smell blood, and beat the Sox at least 2/3 times to wrap the division up (depending on what they do against Cleveland).

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
The series against the Twins is a must sweep now. Unless the Sox pull a Colorado over these next 19 games, this division race is pretty much over. If I'm the Twins, I smell blood, and beat the Sox at least 2/3 times to wrap the division up (depending on what they do against Cleveland).

I can see them doing that to us easily. They have owned the central and US all season long. Honestly, they deserve to take the AL Central. Unless they choke it away which is very possible of course. Didn't that happen to the 1995 Angels?

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
I can see them doing that to us easily. They have owned the central and US all season long. Honestly, they deserve to take the AL Central. Unless they choke it away which is very possible of course. Didn't that happen to the 1995 Angels?

2007 Mets blew a 7-game lead w/ 17 to play

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Stupid classes have kept me from seeing any of Morel in a White Sox uni, but from the sounds of it, you guys have soured on him quickly. Did he at least looked "better" than Teahen?

Morel is gonna be fine, kid is in the middle of the pennant race, a bit shaky at first.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Morel is gonna be fine, kid is in the middle of the pennant race, a bit shaky at first.

Oh trust me, I'm not worried. I am probably his biggest fan on this site, I just want to know what the people who SAW him today thought. I figure he would be extremely nervous, and it's still to be noted that he has a torn labrum, so that could easily be a deterrent at some point.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)

Probably won't see any action the rest of the season however. :P (Unless the Twins put the sox out of their misery early on with some games to spare, though I still think Ozzie plays the vets for "pride")

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (SnB @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
it's not often that a 7-3 road trip ends your season.

Well, when you blows games early in the season, then lose games to your biggest rival in the 9th inning and give them a huge boost, this is the result. Where no matter what you do, you got outplayed throughout the whole season.